• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly dirty commuter car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly dirty commuter car.

Welp, it's time to detail the beater. This 2009 Cobalt sits outside 24/7... under a tree. So there will be sap. There will be bug jerky. There will be swirls and scratches and all the other nastiness. There *might* even be a few McDonalds wrappers under the seat. Here are a few pictures:

..... Now, I'm not going to say this car has never been worked on before. It looks a lot worse than it is, I assure you. But, it should make for a nice addition to the portfolio. More pics of the finished product to come.... heading to the shop now.
    -Jake
    Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Re: Slightly dirty commuter car.

That car is crying for some love. 105 and 205 would be nice. Looking forward to the cleanup pictures Jake.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Just got back from the shop... good timing on the post moderation, fellas.

She was pretty dirty. I had a walk-in customer while I was there, so I actually didn't have time to do everything I wanted to do. But, I did experiment a little bit.... I had some "consumer" Meguiars products sitting around... I started (as always) with the Clay Bar. Did the whole car. After that, I DAed the hood, top, trunk, and wing with Scratch-X 2.0. That actually worked out surprisingly well. By the time I got done messing with the Scratch-X, it was getting late... so I just hit up the whole car with Cleaner Wax on the DA. I think it came out pretty good for using non-pro stuff and the small amount of time (about 1.5hrs). Have a look.

^^^^^ A little dusty on that one

-Jake
      Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Comment

Looks fantastic. you were really flying. 1.5 hours. Great job. Way to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Looks fantastic. you were really flying. 1.5 hours. Great job. Way to go.
          I was trying to get home for dinner.... which I missed anyway. lol

At least I got it out and took some pics before the sun went down completely. Thanks for the complement, Mr. Michaels. Means a lot!
          -Jake

Comment

Nice work

Comment

I cant beleive you did all that in an hour and a half. Good lord. It takes me that long if not longer just to get the wash and clay process done. Looks really good Jake.
              Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                I cant beleive you did all that in an hour and a half. Good lord. It takes me that long if not longer just to get the wash and clay process done. Looks really good Jake.
                Thanks, Smacky... It could have been 2 hours (total work time). I was working on it while doing other things. But, yeah, I haul butt on my own cars because I keep them clean and usually know exactly what needs to be done. I think it actually rained MUD yesterday tho. lol .... It was DIRTY!

Doing a 2003 Trailblazer tomorrow morning. I'll post pics of that one too. That is actually a customer car I will make money on. hehehe
                -Jake

Comment

I like you name under your username. Cracks me up everytime I see it. Same with your avatar. Glad you gave the commuter some TLC. I know I need to take care of my commuter car. (1999 Camry) My 2 new black BMW's take priority though. I need to set some time just for the Yota.

Looking forward to the trailblazer when finished.

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                    I like you name under your username. Cracks me up everytime I see it. Same with your avatar. Glad you gave the commuter some TLC. I know I need to take care of my commuter car. (1999 Camry) My 2 new black BMW's take priority though. I need to set some time just for the Yota.

Looking forward to the trailblazer when finished.
                    I finished the Trailblazer yesterday afternoon... but I forgot the camera. Darn it! It was shiny.
                    -Jake

Comment

Jebus Cripes man! What a clean up! My old 1996 Chevrolet Suburban used to be like that. Did nothing but sit under a tree, all because my mom filled my house's entire big side of the garage with "yard sale stuff". So I barely had any room to work with. All around, good job for a daily driver.
                      "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
                      When Barry gives you Meguiar's, you get one HECK OF A SHINE!"

Comment

Thanks, Dude. Yeah, the shop garage on my Parent's property that was built to be the "toy barn". It's now stuffed to the ceiling with yard sale **** my Mom will never get around to selling. lol
                        -Jake

Comment

Very nice work Jake

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');