• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Detailer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Detailer Question

My wife recently bought a new Nissan Versa. Tonight I bought the ultimate quik detailer thinking I'd shine it up before an 800 mile road trip next week. Is this the right stuff to use on a brand new cars finish or should I do something else first?

Regards
    Regards
    CY2K

Re: Ultimate Quik Detailer Question

It is safe if that is what you are asking. As far as needing to use something else, it really depends on what you would like to accomplish. If you are looking for a quick shine then yes, Ultimate QD will do just fine. If you are looking for a little extra protection to go along with that shine, you might want to look into a spray wax. Either way you decide to go, you car's finish has had time to harden and is safe to apply wax products. Enjoy your trip!
    ChrisThompsonsCustom@gmail.com
    www.ChrisThompsonsCustom.webs.com
    (352) 897-0050

Comment

Personally..when I buy a new car, one of the first things I do is but two coats of quality wax on it. New cars look nice because the paint is new, but IMHO, has little or no protection on it. Again, IMHO, no need to clay or polish as the paint is new, but a couple coats of good wax goes a long way in paint preservation.

Now if the car is new but has sit on a car lot for a year or so...maybe some clay is a good idea too!

UQD is a great product but is really a maintenance product.

Comment

Going to FL and the car will most likely end up in the sands of Daytona Beach. I'm pretty certain this 2010 Versa sat in the Nissan lot since May in 100 degree Nashville heat. Ok so now what? Brand new car.. I want to A. protect the finish B. Make it shine like they do at Barrett Jackson, and C. Make it easy on my arms....
        Regards
        CY2K

Comment

Originally posted by cy2k View Post
          Make it shine like they do at Barrett Jackson, and Make it easy on my arms....
          i think thats an oxymoron

if you want the results, you've gotta put in the work. just last weekend, i spent 50 minutes scrubbing by hand the whole time to remove water spots on just 1 of my side glasses. i didn't have the elbow to do anymore windows.
          2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Comment

1. Wash
            2. Clay
            3. Wax (your choice of either Gold Class Plus or NXT 2.0)

For the ultimate in protection and looks apply NXT and then top with a layer of Gold Class Plus.

That is the easiest on the arms.

Eventually you will want to use some Ultimate Compound or something to remove swirls and scratches.
            http://www.facebook.com/SuperiorDetails
            http://www.superiordetails.time2detail.com/

Comment

Damn, somehow I knew someone would end up saying clay..........
              Regards
              CY2K

Comment

I've also never used clay before and know absolutely nothing about it. Hey I made a signature too. How do I get it to show on my posts?

Regards
                Regards
                CY2K

Comment

Claying is easy to do but the results are worth it. Buy the clay kit at Wal-Mart or auto parts place.
                  Check this out.
                  http://www.facebook.com/SuperiorDetails
                  http://www.superiordetails.time2detail.com/

Comment

Clay is easy. The directions on the box are very straightforward. If you are going to wax it afterwards, don't worry too much about getting all the streaks off (from the clay residue, or the detail spray). The streaks and clay residue will come right off when you wax. It's a quick step, this clay business... but it is a critical one. It will even make your wax wipe off easier.
                    -Jake
                    Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Comment

Don't fear the clay..embrace the clay! It will take you about 30 minutes to do a new car..and really ..REALLY can't cause any damage. I used to think rubbing 'clay' on a car was nuts...I thought 'clay' was like a clay pot..hard and rough...well that was a 'fired' clay pot. Detailing clay is soft and flexible...kinda like stale play-doh. But this stuff is the best thing in detailing.

Comment

Ok I guess it's back to walmart for clay and wax. Geez and I got Preds vs Caps tomorrow night. Can I pull this off in a day?
                        Regards
                        CY2K

Comment

Yes you can.
                          Do not be afraid of the clay. Follow the directions on the box and you will be amazed at the results
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

just make sure that the area your claying is properly lubricated with the quik detailer spray. dont try to clay over an area if its dry.
                            2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. Got the clay and Gold Class Plus this morning. 4 hours and a sore back later, I have that Barrett Jackson shine and gloss I was looking for. The clay is simply amazing. This is without a doubt the finest any of my vehicles have ever looked after a wax job. Thanks again to all who offered advice to a newbie here.
                              Regards
                              CY2K

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');