• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Metal Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Metal Polish

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    That could be a pretty looking sink though, don't ya think???
    Well will let you guys know once I do it.. ;-) Thanks (davey g-force + Mike) for all clarifications..
    Last edited by qid; Apr 15, 2011, 09:19 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Hi all,
      I'm bit confused about difference between hot rims all metal polish and hot rims mag & aluminum polish.Are these does same job and may I use these on my entire wheels?
      However,what do you mean by "bare metal".My original VW's wheels are bare or not? Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by tsı_dsg View Post
        Hi all,
        I'm bit confused about difference between hot rims all metal polish and hot rims mag & aluminum polish.Are these does same job and may I use these on my entire wheels?
        However,what do you mean by "bare metal".My original VW's wheels are bare or not? Thanks a lot
        By saying "bare metal" it means metal that's not coated with anything....like clearcoat or paint.

Comment

Will this work on chrome exhaust and mufflers? If not, what should I use? I have a Subaru Legacy GT with added manufacturer made chrome exhaust parts. They're darkened from the exhaust and road but not pitted or corroded. It's very difficult finding anything to bring back the original chrome look. Thanks.

Comment

I fint the All Metal Polysh to be a little too gentle, with less abrasives. So if the chrome etc is very dull I prefer the Autosol metal polish. Then maybe as a "LSP" I use All Metal to finish it off

Comment

Originally posted by hankster81 View Post
              Will this work on chrome exhaust and mufflers? If not, what should I use? I have a Subaru Legacy GT with added manufacturer made chrome exhaust parts. They're darkened from the exhaust and road but not pitted or corroded. It's very difficult finding anything to bring back the original chrome look. Thanks.
              I've used 0000 steel wool with the polish on chrome & stainless & it's worked fantastic. I wouldn't suggest going any coarser (i.e. less 0's) that 0000, though. Also, use gentle pressure with steel wool... let it & the polish do the work.

Comment

I am wondering if this will work on boat props?

Comment

Mike-

I love the stuff, but have one issue- the bottle.

Whether it's on the shelf at home, or the store, I'm not sure if it builds pressure somehow with temperature change or something, but every bottle I've had at home or seen at the store seem to leak out the bottoms. If you check the store shelf, whether it's Meijer, WalMart, Advance, etc... at least around here, all of them have capfuls of product and a mess all over inside, and at least 1/2 of them are leaking outside the cap onto the shelf.

Just thought I'd pass that on... The polish does work great though, just wish it was in an upright container instead of the bottom-capped bottle.
                  2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                  2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

i was wondering. seems like the mag and aluminum polish is working better than the all aluminum polish that was supplied with the kit. is it okay to the paste polish ( mag and aluminum polish ) with the dynocone?

also which one is really more abrasive, all metal polish or mag and aluminum polish?

Comment

Is this stuff "okay"(safe) to use on Chrome(real chrome, not the fake plastic chrome)?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dodge View Post
                        Is this stuff "okay"(safe) to use on Chrome(real chrome, not the fake plastic chrome)?
                        i use it on my chrome wheels and the aluminum bar that goes over the engine and it works great on both
                        __________________________________________________________________________________________________
                        left side polished

rims
                        2009 Cadillac CTS-V Thunder Grey

Comment

This "POLISH" is great! And I'm a newb, at 41 years of age. Reason why I say this, cause I'm actually using my truck on many different products. Which now does look like a "White Calico" all around it now. Let's say the store near me only had 2 bottles, I bought them both. Did my neighbor ford pickup, which stayed out all winter long with no care. We both admired the work. I now have so much MEG"S stuff, I need to be part of the team!

Comment

Would this product work significantly better on chrome motorcycle fenders, which are in rather good shape just need a slight improvement?
                            2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Better than what?

The Nxt All Metal Polysh is discontinued.

They would look good, though there is also a Hot Rims Chrome Polish to look at.

If things look good, and you just want something mild, then the Hot Rims Mag & Aluminum Polish is also good.
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I haven't used this yet, as I just ran out of on older Mothers metal polish and have this on the way. Is it safe on clear coated wheels? I know that it would be better to use M205 or a paint product when polishing clear coated wheels, but I sometimes use metal polish when testing a wheel to see if WB is safe on it. I'm assuming that it wouldn't cause any damage to a clear coated wheel, but wanted to check before I went ahead and used it on a customer's car. Thanks!
                                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');