• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ultimate Wax

Originally posted by Jossy92 View Post
    I guess this is going to be my new base coat.
    ....Ultimate Wax topped with M26 ?]
    Originally posted by HammerDown View Post
    all this "topper" talk
    My bad. I meant 2 coats not "topper".
    Pros here recommend two coats: So I apply 2 coats to ensure the polymers fill all pores before cross-linking.

Since I also appreciate the warmth of carnuba and because megs products are compatible the second coat is M26.
    After subsequent washes I use M26 and/or UQW.

Just experimenting.
    Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
    by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

1)claybar
      2)pre wax cleaner
      3)polish
      4)nxt
      5)ultimate wax

OMG i cannot wait! lol

Comment

Very intertested in trying this out

Comment

I currently have mothers advanced top coat wax, a pure wax no cleaners whatsoever. I used DC 3 carnauba wax before, maybe i'll try the DC again just for kicks. That wax worked absolutely beautifully on our black SUV. When the ultimate wax comes out here, i'll try that combo. Something like:

Clay
          SwirlX
          DC2 polish
          2 coats ultimate wax
          1coat DC3

Comment

When will these items be available?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt2006 View Post
              When will these items be available?
              It's been mentioned - Possibly VERY late December, but most likely sometime in January.

Comment

The arrival of the year 2011 seems to be taking a bit longer than usual..

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                  The arrival of the year 2011 seems to be taking a bit longer than usual..
                  LOL - how long does it usually take to arrive? As far as I know this will be the first time 2011 has ever arrived?
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                    LOL - how long does it usually take to arrive? As far as I know this will be the first time 2011 has ever arrived?
                    What i meant was now i can't really wait for 2011 to come because of this new ultimate wax. Its really something i'm lloking forward to getting my hands at.. I can't wait! and maybe do a comparison between this new wax and the NXT 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                      Here's a little shot taken at our SEMA booth - it's the foam applicator pad and microfiber towel packaged with Ultimate Wax. Notice anything different about them?

Is this the same towel as the Supreme Shine towel? Or a different one? I'm hoping it's different, because I've had some mega problems with linting with some of my newer Supreme Shines.
                      Shane
                      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

It "LOOKS" the same, it looks like the same applicator/towel just different color. I haven't used meguiars microfiber towels, but i'm a bit surprised with the linting problems. The microfibers mostly available here are Microtex brand, made in korea. So far so good, i haven't had any issues yet. Maybe the size, but otherwise its a decent brand.

Comment

We have Microtex here too. I actually like them more than my Supreme Shines.
                          Tedrow's Detailing
                          845-642-1698
                          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I've used the green ultra plush, the redish/pinkish plush and the yellow drying chamois. I haven't used the elite modes, its quite pricey.. About the ultimate wax though, i wonder how long the beading will last. With NXT, the beading doesn't seem to last even with a paint cleaner and clay bar done before waxing.. again i'm only commenting on the beading aspect.. It seems to turn to water sheeting after a while, which i don't find too bad. Hosing the car, its actually nice to watch. On the sides of the car, after rinsing, you can clearly see it sheeting and end up with very little spots.. but again, the NXT says relentless beading, wAsh after wash..

Comment

DAM Ill have to add this to my megs collection. I thought NXT was the best!
                              MEGUIARS RULES

Comment

NXT 2.0 was the best meguiars consumer wax. Thanks to the ultimate wax! Its exciting to see and buy these waxes, but the sad thing is (for me) that almost as soon as you buy these all new waxes, the company is already coming up with an even better wax/product.. Just like.. Cars. This is great though.. a consumer wax outperforming a professional wax..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');