• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinyl & Plastic Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vinyl & Plastic Coating

This stuff is very similar to the Adam's "In and Out" spray. Don't know who came out with it first but at 1/3 the price Meguiar's wins on this deal.
    2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

Is this any more "permanent" or long-lasting than the Exterior Trim spray it's replacing? I found the previous spray to be easy to apply and look fantastic, but as soon as the first rain/wash hits, it tends to leave a streaky, greasy, hard-to-remove mess down the paint. I'd been using it on the textured black door handles/bumpers/mirrors of a Silverado, and the lower textured plastic trim on a mk3 GTI. I always started with a clean surface, and even tried buffing off any excess after application, but couldn't seem to make it last

Comment

FWIW, I've taken to using UQW to dress my exterior trim. On clean vinyl, smooth or textured, it is a wipe-on.wipe-off product that leaves a nice satin sheen and it doesn't run drown the side of the car in the rain. Seems to last several weeks. I use the detailer line version Synthetic X-press Spray Wax as a multi use product. It works well on paint, glass and trim and can be applied to the whole vehicle in 10-15 minutes.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

I've never had the chance to try this yet. To protect plastics, I've found that SC1 works better than anything I've ever used. Just wondering how this compares. I'm a huge Meguiars fan. If you guys have had great luck with this and recommend it, I'm switching.
          Brad Mower
          SLC, UT

Comment

I just used this on two cars. I used it for restoring the OEM cowl on two cars, an 02 Camaro Z28 and a 96 Regal. I used a little D103 to clean the trim and followed up using this instead of using D163. I covered any areas to avoid overspray. After a few min I came over with a microfiber and wiped off any excess to give an even appearance.

What a great product. It's very easy to use. I will definitely be buying more.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

This review was posted on this product. Figured I would pass it along. A really nice product that everyone should have for those hard to reach areas.

99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');