• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Nashville

Hey guys,

I just bought a new porter cable DA and the Meguiar's M105 / M205 buffer kit.

I fumbled my way through the first REAL detail on a 2002 Black Honda Civic Si with absolutely amazing results:

1. Wash
    2. M105 with orange pad (5-6 settings) several passes
    3. M205 with orange pad (5 setting) 2-3 passes
    4. #7 show car glaze black pad (5 setting) 2 passes
    5. NXT 2.0 black pad (5 setting) 2 coats

This is my girlfriend's car that she bought new and the paint has really been neglected. It had numerous purse scratches / door dings.
    I worked the hood with the 105 on 5 for what seemed like 30 minutes. It began to look better, but nowhere near what I thought it should be. Only when I stepped up the speed to #6 did I really see the surface start to show signs of redemption. Most of the rest of the car required only #5, but there were some places on the top (normal purse resting spot), the back bumper, and the door dings that needed level 6 to smooth out the scratches.

The 205 really made the car come alive. At this point, I was really surprised that the surface could be brought back from its previous state. In all honesty, I could have slapped the wax on and been happy.

I started working the show car glaze on the car. Based on a recommendation from this board, I decided to work the entire car, then come back to buff it off in several steps. The glaze added a depth and wetness that I previously thought was unobtainable. wow.

I was concerned that using the NXT over the glaze would dull the glaze finish since it has 'polish' characteristics, but I was pleasantly surprised once again at the magnificent results.

I never thought that I could make this car look this good, but I'm sure the superior products that I used have something to do with it. To me, the money spent on the polisher and supplies was better spent than taking the car to a body shop to have them bring this car back to life. I really wish that I had taken pictures.

The girlfriend was amazed and said that it looked like it had been repainted. Maybe now she'll stop putting her purse on the roof.
    My full size Chevy has the next spot under the foam. Great products, Great advise, Great board.

Thanks guys, I'm a believer.

Re: New from Nashville

Welcome to MOL!

Andy M.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I happened upon some pictures of the civic not long after I finished going over it....

Not bad for a car with nearly 200k on the clock. The funny thing is, I sold it not long afterward. I was trying to point out to the guy the things that I knew were not 100% (Window weather strips needed replaced, Front bumper had some paint chips, etc) and he just kept trying to hand me the money... like if he didn't pay for it right then, it was going to slip away.
        Well, it did look slippery.

Comment

Welcome to the group. The only thing you might have done was to clay the paint after washing to remove contaminants on the paint before buffing. Looks great.
          BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');