• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D/A Microfiber System

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D/A Microfiber System

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
    As promised..........

Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Im going to go crazy waiting

Darn you Meguiars for releasing so much exciting stuff! I better start saving up for some new toys to play with LOL! So ready to get my hands on this, got a few cars that would really test out what this stuff can do!

Comment

As promised..........
        ...Joe, I have nothing to say
        Can I ask about time you spent with detailing this DB9 with this system and your opinion about time needed with "classic" methods you are using?

Thanks a lot for comments, I hope that it's nothing what can not be presented now

George, Czech Republic

Comment

Originally posted by Love Eleanor View Post
          ...Joe, I have nothing to say
          Can I ask about time you spent with detailing this DB9 with this system and your opinion about time needed with "classic" methods you are using?

Thanks a lot for comments, I hope that it's nothing what can not be presented now

George, Czech Republic
          I might have said (showed ) too much already.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

*before pic*
            Holy.... how in the hell does a DB9 get beat up that bad? Did they wash it exclusively at gas stations for a year or something?! Jeez, that's a seriously impressive transformation regardless of how it was done... but even more so if it was done via DA only.

Comment

Originally posted by gjohn28 View Post
              What would be the significance of the MF pads vs foam? Is it to give more bite to the DA for quicker correction, more closely simulating a rotary...?
              As gjohn28 said, if it's giving more bite to the DA simulating a rotary, does that make it more 'dangerous' for beginners to use since it may be more prone to damage the paint? Or does it still have the safety factor like using a DA and foam pads?
              2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
              Black Obsidian

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
                So, similar to the 1983 Matthew Broderick/Ally Sheedy movie "War Games" we can have a supercomputer doing simulations for us. But instead of "WOPR" being an acronym for "War Operation Plan Response" it will be "Wax Operations Purchase Requisition"?

Could work.

"Shall we play a game?"
                LMAO!~

Can't wait to hear more...
                -Jake
                Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Comment

its getting close to a week now, come on Meguiars were getting excited to know the details on this!

Comment

Lol!!!! I love this thread!
                    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
                    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Waiting, waiting.

I hate waiting but what else can you do.
                      Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ron-M View Post
                        Waiting, waiting.

I hate waiting but what else can you do.
                        Squeak louder so your wheels get greased

Comment

I can not wait for the release of this system. I thought m105 and surbuf pads were a dream to use with da. Joe the DB is great but I see a smudge...... Nevermind that was some drool the car looks amazing.

Comment

i have posted many times that a mf bonnet over top of a pad is the quickest way to a perfect micro marring free finish on even the softest paints.

Comment

The swirls in this 2006 black Mustang GT Convertible were removed using the new DA Microfiber System. 2-Steps and the swirls were removed and a show car finish restored...

Here's two threads about this Mustang on MOL

DISO = The Dealership Installed Swirl Option

The story of 3 H's - Horrendous, Horror Story and Hack Detailers...

Before - Some of the worst detailer inflicted swirls I've ever seen...

DISO = Dealer Installed Swirl Option
                              Here's a few shots taken in the sun. Note how the swirls in the paint closest to the windshield have an almost floating or 3D effect, this is where the term hologram comes from in the context of talking about swirls instilled by a rotary buffer.

Here's a section of the above photo cropped out and in full size...
                              Often times you'll hear or read about "Holograms" or "Buffer Trails". These are both interchangeable terms for Rotary Buffer Swirls.

If you look at the below swirls they almost seem to have a 3D or floating in the paint affect, this is the appearance characteristic from which we get the word hologram.

After - This took about 4 hours using the new DA Microfiber System

In this shot we've actually only buffed out just the passenger side of the hood using just a DA Polisher. After getting some before and after shots we then buffed out the driver's side.

Here are the end results...

And here's Rob, the happy owner in his swirl free black Mustang...

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I haven't posted the full write-up for this project but this was done using the new DA Microfiber System...

Except for the passenger side fender, the rest of this 1959 Cadillac has single stage silver metallic paint on it, one of the hardest types of paints to correctly restore. One of the goals is to get the dull, oxidized single stage paint to match the gloss and clarity of the new basecoat/clearcoat paint on the driver's side fender.

When I post the full write-up I'll let everyone make up their own mind if we reached the goal...

Before...

Driver's side finished...

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');