• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyper-Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-Wash

Has anybody tried to use Hyper-Wash in a foam gun? If so how did it work and what ratio did you use. The reason I'm asking is I plan to buy a foam gun and have a gal of Hyper-Wash on the shelf and wondered if that would work.
    Removing stress & swirls one car at a time!

Re: Hyper-Wash

It is very foamy if that helps. I have used it in a cheap Carrand soap wand thing I bought at Wal-Mart for 15 bucks and it created a whole bunch of foam.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
      Has anybody tried to use Hyper-Wash in a foam gun? If so how did it work and what ratio did you use. The reason I'm asking is I plan to buy a foam gun and have a gal of Hyper-Wash on the shelf and wondered if that would work.
      I tried it in Kärcher hobby foam gun, it works realy good. Unfortunately after applying foam to car, you still have to use some wash mit to remove thin film of dirt that can stay on car after rinse if you will not do that, especialy on black or dark colours.

The ratio is up to your testing and is for each foam gun different, on Kärcher gun I have is also button that is able to change ratio between wash solution and watter from pressure washer.

So it's very good idea, but not without touching the paint at all

George

Comment

In addition to the above, I have used other Meguiars soaps (not Hyper Wash) at the recommended dilution (125:1), and all worked well.

Have to just do a little math on what gun you get, how much water to add, to get to the 400:1 I think ratio for Hyper Wash. Would be as good a starting point as any.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Love Eleanor View Post
          I tried it in Kärcher hobby foam gun, it works realy good. Unfortunately after applying foam to car, you still have to use some wash mit to remove thin film of dirt that can stay on car after rinse if you will not do that, especialy on black or dark colours.

The ratio is up to your testing and is for each foam gun different, on Kärcher gun I have is also button that is able to change ratio between wash solution and watter from pressure washer.

So it's very good idea, but not without touching the paint at all

George
          Yes I will still wash the cars with a wash mitt. Just looking for something to get the product on the car. Thought this might work for me well. Thanks for the response.
          Removing stress & swirls one car at a time!

Comment

I'm guessing that the performance of the particular foam gun would influence how well the chosen shampoo works, but this is the result I get with Hyperwash in my foam gun.

The dilution ratio I use is 50ml (+-1.7oz) Hyperwash to 950ml (+-32oz) water. Although this rate may seem high, one has to account for the water flow rate through the pressure washer and foam gun, which gets the overall dilution rate closer to the 400:1 dilution of Hyperwash.

One of our local detailers put together an Excel tool to calculate dilution ratios for foam guns. There is a basic version (Flow Rate Basic) which has some pre-calculated figures for popular local pressure washers, and a more advanced version (Flow Rate Advanced) if you want to do a personalized calculation for your machine.

Comment

Ahhh...Now, I want to try HyperWash for my foam gun.

In the future, I want to buy a 1600-2000psi electric pressure washer, and an AutoGeek foam cannon, along with HyperWash.

Comment

very nice i will get that hyper when i buy foam lens

goodluck to All

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie6250 View Post
                  I'm guessing that the performance of the particular foam gun would influence how well the chosen shampoo works, but this is the result I get with Hyperwash in my foam gun.

The dilution ratio I use is 50ml (+-1.7oz) Hyperwash to 950ml (+-32oz) water. Although this rate may seem high, one has to account for the water flow rate through the pressure washer and foam gun, which gets the overall dilution rate closer to the 400:1 dilution of Hyperwash.

One of our local detailers put together an Excel tool to calculate dilution ratios for foam guns. There is a basic version (Flow Rate Basic) which has some pre-calculated figures for popular local pressure washers, and a more advanced version (Flow Rate Advanced) if you want to do a personalized calculation for your machine.

Hi, do you think you can share that Excel tool with us? Or maybe help me figure out a ratio for my Nilfisk C120.6? it operates at 1400w, max at 120 bar pressure with 440 liters per hours. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');