• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Different" kind of update NXT /#16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Different" kind of update NXT /#16

I have NXT topped with #16 on my Cavalier from a few weeks ago. Since then, the car has been driven about 1,000 miles in the rain (I have a +/- 90 mile 'round trip to work) and it has rained on my days off, so I haven't had a chance to touch the car. Needless to say it's FILTHY!!

BUT!!! If you look 'past' the dirt, the finish of the car *still* looks 'wet' and the reflectiveness is there but has a "looking through a dirty window" appearance because of all the grime.

The last time I washed the car (about a week after the #16 topper), the tops of the car beaded and the sides sheeted, with some of the slickness gone BUT...the APPEARANCE of the finish looked like it had just been sprayed on and the paint hadn't cured yet. THAT'S the look I can see right now under the dirt build-up.

I'm not off again until Tues/Weds, so the car will have to stay dirty until then, but I will post w/pics once it's washed so the durability of the appearance can be seen.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');