• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from body shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from body shop...

Well i hit a deer a few weeks ago, and i should have gone to the body shop that i always get my bump work done at but stupid me, i decided to go the cheep route. So i got my truck back and well. I need some adivce.

First off, they "repainted" my drivers side doors and front fender, well what it really looks liek its they just took a really bad buffer to the whole thing because it is swril mark city, and really bad, i was looking at the paint close and it looks like they used it so hard that the paint actually began to swirl around. Then there is a major amount of over spray on the hood, and that really pisses me off because they wernt even suppose to tuch the hood. And of course since they had to take my doors off there is a beautiful layer of white dust all over the inside of my truck, on my beautiful grey and black interior. AHHH!! i hate them i hate them i hate them! So what can i do about the exterior? I know i have to clay the hood and i dont know what to do from there, and i am at a loss on the side, it almost looks worse than what i can do at home with my cordless PC.

Thanks for listening to the rant...any help would be great!!!
    I am so mad that i want to just get started even though its like 30*F out! lol
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

take #83 to the whole truck?

Comment

You will probably need a rotary to completely fix the damage. I'd start with #83 in this case with a 8000 pad. If it is not getting the defects out, try a 7000 pad first, then move down to a 8000 pad. Finish with #80 on a 8000. If you have any pictures it would really help as far as making any recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
        You will probably need a rotary to completely fix the damage. I'd start with #83 in this case with a 8000 pad. If it is not getting the defects out, try a 7000 pad first, then move down to a 8000 pad. Finish with #80 on a 8000. If you have any pictures it would really help as far as making any recommendations.

alright will do guys! thanks for the recomendations so far, ill take some pictures tomarrow after class and post them on here. i want to make sure the sun is in the right positions.
        2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

I would bring it back there, pop in and ask whoever is the money man, "hey, do you know what overspray clay is?"

When he says yes, say "good because my hood needs it really bad"

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
            I would bring it back there, pop in and ask whoever is the money man, "hey, do you know what overspray clay is?"

When he says yes, say "good because my hood needs it really bad"

i would love to do that, except i dont think that they do know what it is.
            2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Comment

Sorry to read of your misfortune. We feel your pain. I would ask for a refund and be done with them. If you take it back to them they are likely to do even more damage. Frankly, I would not trust them.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');