• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Towel Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber Towel Confusion

Hey guys I am quite confused now. Was reading some threads about MFs and people use all different types of MFs for detailing steps. Could you please tell me which ones to use for waxing,claying,polishing, interior detailing, etc?
    And is it true that Ultimate Wipe MF is better than Supreme Shine MF? Coz I have a black car. And what is the difference between Supreme shine and Water magnet?

Re: Microfiber Towel Confusion

On the main Meguiar's web site you will find some useful information under the heading of "Car Detailing Accessories>Car Drying Tools". Listed on this page is PROFESSIONAL ULTIMATE WIPE® DETAILING CLOTH and WATER MAGNET® MICROFIBER DRYING TOWEL.

On the page entitled: "Car Detailing Accessories>Car Wash Towels" you will find SUPREME SHINE® MICROFIBER TOWEL.

For me at least, each has a unique place in my work flow. After rinsing following hand washing, I use a Water Magnet in the final drying step. After waxing the car, I use the Ultimate Wipe to remove the wax after a swipe test. I use the Supreme Shine when using Ultimate Quik Detailer to maintain the paint surface between washings.

I only use the Water Magnet (waffle weave) for drying and the Supreme Shine for product removal (detailers, cleaners and polishes). The Ultimate gets the ultimate task of wax removal. I don't like getting Meguiar's towels dirty, so no glass, rims or trim is cleaned or protected with a Meguiar's towel.

Hope this helps a little, I'm sure the wise ones will have some additional information when they stop by to discuss this thread.

And yes I agree, microfibers can be confusing.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

I just read how to make blue clickable links, so here click away

"Car Detailing Accessories>Car Drying Tools"

"Car Detailing Accessories>Car Wash Towels"

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Water magnet=drying only
        supreme shines= wax removal
        Ultimate Wipe= final wipedown
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Could use the Supreme Shines or Ultimate Wipes for interiors, though I use the Vroom brand ones from Target for interior, glass, dressings, etc.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you guys for the info. However, is it ok if I use Supreme Shine MFs for the final wipedown? Would this cause linting on the surface? And is it necessary to wash MF towels with so-called microfiber detergents?

Comment

Originally posted by stamford View Post

is it ok if I use Supreme Shine MFs for the final wipedown? Would this cause linting on the surface? And is it necessary to wash MF towels with so-called microfiber detergents?

I don't see any problem associated with using a supreme shine MF for a final wipe down. As far as linting, there have been reports of the SS MF's shedding/linting, but I have not seen any linting with my SS MF's, although I have seen SS MF's massively out of square, which Meguiars is aware of.

As far as it being necessary to wash your MF's with so-called MF detergent's, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, go for it. I personally use Dawn to clean my MF's by hand in a sink, and I get them looking like brand new every time.

Comment

Keep your MF and terry separated as well when washing.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');