• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Meguiar's Brushes 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Meguiar's Brushes 2005

I have recently gotten several of the new meguiar's brushes and I must say I am very pleased with them. They are built very well and will really be time savers.

I am selling these on e-bay being sold as a six pack.

Last edited by AutoNova; Feb 3, 2005, 07:02 PM.
    "Washing for the People"

Hi AutoNova,

Thanks for sharing this, be sure to tell us what you think after you have a chance to try these new tools out.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey AutoNova, what is that aero clay behind the brushes.

Just curious.

Chubs

Comment

I picked it up at my distributor it is a 5 star product I think. It looked interesting it is a spray on clay. You wet the sponge for 5 minutes and then spray the stuff on and presto or so I guess. I have not had a chance to use it, I have a caddy tomorrow I am going to use it on. The cost on it was $11.09 so i assume it retails for about $16 which isn't alot better than clay. I need to see how many cars I can get out of it.
        "Washing for the People"

Comment

thanks for the info.

Now waiting to see how well it works for you.

Chubs

Comment

Hey, where did you get those brushes so soon? I need those real bad! We're anxious to get your review on them.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

There is a ditstributor in the local area where I live and I was just fortunate enough to get them. I mentioned earlier that I was selling some on e-bay I picked up a couple extra sets. The price is good, not in it to make money just wanted detailers to have a chance to try them.

There is a review going on about the brushes on another thread I think under product reviews.

So far I have tried the Tire Brush, the Wheel Face brush, the Triple Duty Brush and the Interior Brush. The all have great protective coatings like OXO brushes except the bristles are alot more durable on the Meguiar's brushes. I like the fact the handles are interchangeable because the long handle tends to be a little heavy and arkward.

The Triple Duty brush is ok, it is a little small but I like the strong bristles on the end, I found it excellent for old wax removal. The Interior brish is great if you scrub carpets but otherwise it is a little bulky, it will be good for scrubing panels.
              "Washing for the People"

Comment

good job,

you've sold 2 sets on ebay - and one of them happens to be mine!

i am really itchy =)

thx.,
                2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

It is on the way, you will be happy, the more I use these brushes the more i like them. I will post more pics today.
                  "Washing for the People"

Comment

More brushes and information pictures:

I used al the brushes again today to do this cadillac. Once again the all worked tremendously.
                    I still contend that the large handle is too heavy and that working the brushes witht the short handle or no handle is better.

Today I tried the Body Brush, I used my grit guard bucket with Hyper Wash. What can i say, I switched to the short handle and washed the cart in about 1/3 of the normal time. Make sure to continuously wash it out and if you drop it like I did rinse it b/c it picks up dirt.

The interior brush as first I didn't like but today I used it to clean the vinyl and leather on the doors, dashboard and console back of the seats, the plastic in the door jambs with APC and it just wiped away the marks with no scratches. I also like the size and how it fits in your hand.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/AutoNova/100_0657.jpg[/I[IMG]http://archive.meguiarsonline.com

"Washing for the People"

Comment

Wow...you would think it might scratch, did you feel it was safe and the bristles were of safe quality?

Comment

No it seems plenty safe I have used on a few cars now even a couple dark colored vehicles and it does not scratch or leave swirls. I have been using it with the short handle which is easier. It really is a big help in washing cars.
                        "Washing for the People"

Comment

I tried the brushes at the Meguiars Product Accessory meet and they are super soft. Feels more like a microfiber towel with a handle than a brush. Pretty amazing to touch it when you think it would be atleast a little bristly.
                          Richard Lin
                          ShowCarDetailing
                          5548 E. La Palma Ave
                          Anaheim, CA 92807
                          toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

yeah it is important no to put alot of pressure on the brushes when using them, you should use it softly and rinse it often.

I have become a big fan of the interior brush, at first I didn't care for it then i started using it to scrub panels and doors and the whole interior and it works great with a little APC at removing marks.
                            "Washing for the People"

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');