• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good Shampooer / Extractor for start-up detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good Shampooer / Extractor for start-up detailer

Hello-
    I am opening a small auto detailing shop and was wanting to know what model Shampooer / Extractor I should get. It seems there are so many on the market, I don't know what makes one better than another.
    Please help. If you were going to get a new one this weekend....which "Model" would you be getting?

Thanks in advance!

Re: What is a good Shampooer / Extractor for start-up detailer

I remember reading tons of info when I was ready to buy my first extractor. Much of the details I've forgotten but the daily results received from my Durrmaid allow me to tell you it's a great machine. It's a smaller size unit compared to the larger Mytee extractors, so it's perfect for a mobile detailer. It's cost is also in the middle of the pack. My concern was to not get a cheapy extractor that would need replacement before a year was up.

Comment

If you're on a tight budget, this was a recent and workable solution:

Extractor on a budget

Comment

I have the Aztek Hot Rod. .autogeek.net/aztec-hot-water-extractor.html
        It has seen professional mobile use for the past eight months, and has held up very well. My only complaints have been that the tip gets clogged with what I can only describe as "casting flash", bits of plastic left over from the manufacture of the the unit. I have to take the tip off to clean it out after every few uses.

It heats up in about 10 minutes, and holds enough water for an average car. I do have to refill it for minivans and larger cars.

Other than that, it rides in the back of my truck and gets beat up by my other equipment. It is one tough little machine.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');