• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time detailer with product quandry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time detailer with product quandry

I'm about to detail my car for the first time.
    It is a new Mazda3 with the Liquid Silver color. I plan on following the Meguiars 5-Step system, and have what I believe I need...but I have begun to doubt one product choice.
    After the wash(Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner), and the clay process(with the Quik Detailer that comes with the kit), I was going to use the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, but I have noticed on many threads the suggestion of either ColorX or perhaps the DC Cleaner Wax(I also read that the DC Paint Cleaner has been discontinued in US)...so at the cleaning step, am I making a mistake by using the DC Paint Cleaner?
    If I need to use the DC Cleaner Wax, I have a sample bottle that I could use.
    After that step, I plan on using the #7 Show Car Glaze and finishing it all off with Nxt Tech 2.0
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: First time detailer with product quandry

Using ColorX or a Cleaner/Wax just helps cover all the steps a little quicker. Doing the individual steps can get better results, or better defect removal. Basically, just pick from one of these if you want to cover all the steps.

1. Wash
    2. Clay if needed
    3. Clean - DC Paint Cleaner for mild cleaning
    4. Polish - #7
    5. Wax - Nxt 2.0
    6. Wax - 2 thin coats is best

1. Wash
    2. Clay if needed
    3. ColorX or Cleaner/Wax
    4. Wax - Nxt 2.0
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You can, of course, use your sample bottle of DC Cleaner. It's good stuff. Or you can keep it for for spot cleaning. Check out this proposal for a simple detailing program: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen. In this proposal ColorX or Cleaner Wax functions as your paint cleaner--plus it leaves behind a layer of protection. You would then top it with a coat of NXT.

You will probably not notice an increase in gloss on your new silver car by the application of #7. You can, of course, give it a try; but #7 seems to do better on darker colors.

Have fun!
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks for the responses...akimel, it was that excellent thread that raised the question in my head. It had mentioned the Cleaner Wax instead of the paint cleaner and I begun searching other threads that furthered the confusion.
        I will choose either the DC Paint Cleaner or Cleaner Wax and move on. I will give #7 a go and see if it makes a difference or not. If it doesn't I will skip it the next time. I am guessing at the start of all of this, it is alot of following great advice and some trial and error(but trying to avoid the big errors).
        Thanks again.

Comment

Yeah, dont make it too tough at first.

Hopefully you will find that there are no swirls, etc from the dealer or transport to worry about, and mild products like the DC Cleaner and ColorX, etc will be all you need for a while.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');