• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to apply a very thin coat of wax with a G110v2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to apply a very thin coat of wax with a G110v2

Yes, the pictures do help a lot. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it sure seemed to me that, when I start, more product got sucked into the pad than was put on the car. I've been compensating by going back over the area where I started after I was done with the rest of the car.
    I'm going to do this again this weekend and pay closer attention to this.

Thanks guys!
    -Scott

Comment

Thank you for the thread! I just applied Nxt on the hood (second coat) and #16 on the top with the brown pads. It looks so uniform and thin, easy to wipe off too, especially #16.

Never applied any LSP by a DA before. I can't believe it so easy. The only extra thing I have to do is to mask all the plastic things. It's worth it thou. No more hand waxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scottphys View Post
        Yes, the pictures do help a lot. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it sure seemed to me that, when I start, more product got sucked into the pad than was put on the car. I've been compensating by going back over the area where I started after I was done with the rest of the car.
        I'm going to do this again this weekend and pay closer attention to this.

Thanks guys!
        I have to agree with Scott. Using DA + ULW + Finishing pad didnt seem like I was leaving much if anything on the paint, more was being absorbed by the pad. It was on black paint, so the noticed product would be apparent. It seemed to be wrong with what I've read so I stopped and applied rest by hand. Next time I will continue through with the process and see the results.

Thanks for posting! Great info.

FD

Comment

at the 2:00 mark....on this quik vid, shows the waxing motion....though it seems the use of the wax was quite liberal
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I love this thread! though i have no d/a polisher, I'm trying to replicate this using my "all natural" d/a polisher, my hand using the nxt 2.0 and so far its been successful. I like being able to apply a thin coat of wax although sometimes thin coats may not seem sufficient, a reason why i sometimes apply too thick a coat of wax.

Comment

Reading this particular thread makes me want to invest in a good D/A polisher. Any ideas? Are the cordless products useless? Is corded the only way to go? How hard ( or soft ) do I press? So many questions, so little time.

Comment

Cordless can spread wax, thats about it.

Meguiars, Griots, Porter Cable are all popular.

For waxing, dont need to press much at all. For swirls, need to press to the point right before the pad stops spinning freely.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I applied NXT only by hand and thought it is not so good wax. But since I applied it with DA I found out that it is great wax and my car looks great. Interesting ��

Comment

Wanted to say that I was given the link to this thread, and it's completely changed the way that I apply wax and sealants. I guess I never really applied them correctly. lol

Basically I used about double what I now use.

Just helped my sister clean her car and applied ulw and nxt2.0, following the pictures here as a reference and am blown away by the ease and results.

BTW I found ulw then nxt2.0 on top made the water we splashed onto it to almost form a complete sphere when sitting on an almost flat surface. Which was awesome, it rolls off from just about any spot on the car.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');