• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protectant vs. Natural Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Protectant vs. Natural Shine

Doing my first detail this Friday...have both of these products. Which one should I use in your opinion on the dash and interior vinyl/rubber? And, which one is more natural in its appearance of the two?
    This will be the first time this interior has been treated since picking up from dealer two weeks ago(new car).

Re: Ultimate Protectant vs. Natural Shine

UP is formulated for exterior trim that has been thoroughly cleaned prior to application. Natural shine looks awesome on interiors!
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Thankyou. I wasn't sure about UP on interiors...thought it could be used there as well...thanks again for quick response.

Comment

It can be, but can be a bit trickier. The new UP spray version may make it a bit easier to use inside.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Quik Interior Detailer would offer a more natural look as well.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Ultimate Protectant can be used on virtually any plastic surface, but it depends on the look and application method you are looking for.

Ultimate Protectant gives a deep shine, but not as much as Supreme Shine. Natural Shine is a misting product which is easy to apply and provides lasting protection, you'll notice a change in depth of the trim, but not much.

If you want the plastic to have a crisp "like new" look and UV Protection without any gloss than Quik Interior Detailer is the best choice. I use it on every car I detail now.
            Matt

Comment

I have posted 3 threads looking for varying advice and each time the responses have been extremely helpful. Thanks for the help. I feel confident that the right products and the right processes will be put into action...now for the technique, and I guess experience will be the best teacher for that(along with the videos on this site and youtube that I have been watching from time to time).
              Thanks everyone!

Comment

Really cant screw anything up too badly, inside or out, as long as you have the general ideas from here. Just what you want to try.

I would just avoid the plastic screen over the guages. Just use QID to clean it when needed, and avoid the rest of the time. And keep the wax off the rubber/trim.

Comment

Quit reading my mind! I had no idea what to do with the guage covers but it seems like a tough place to get to and work with...thanks for tip.

Comment

Tough is one thing, but they tend to scratch easy. So best towels, and lots of QID when you do it.

Comment

I use the UP on the exterior, but somehow it left a mark / stain after raining or washing (like a water line). I am not sure why this happenned. I applied small amount only on cotton towel and gently rub it against plastic/rubber panel.

I do not encounter this problem when using the Supreme Shine on plastic/rubber panel of the exterior. Any advice? thanks

Any advice?

Comment

Did you clean the surface first with an APC of some kind?

Did any water drip down onto it as you were applying it?
                        Tedrow's Detailing
                        845-642-1698
                        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Hi, no APC. But I washed the car first before applying it. It's new car (just 4 months). So, the trim surface pretty clean.

No water drips either during the application.

Comment

What kind of car is it? Any pic of the plastic?

Not all plastic likes all dressings, unfortunately.

Comment

probably, I got an answer from Michael too on other thread, it seems related to the way I applied the product. UP needs to be applied in the same way you apply cleaner paint / cleaner wax, i.e., you need to work on the product a bit as if you are cleaning the surface. What I did was just to use some amount of the UP onto a microfiber towel and wipe it against the trim panel.

I guess I will be back using the Supreme Shine (I use it for exterior trim panel and it is fine) since it is easier to use. Just spray and wipe it off. Although it does not give that deep and glossy look of UP, but I am pretty satisfied with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');