• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes! I got #80 and #83 @PBE store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! I got #80 and #83 @PBE store

Yes! I was able to get some #80 and #83 through my local PBE store (auto paint supplier)! Thanks to MOL for giving me the "how to".
    How to locate Meguiar’s Professional & Detailer products in your hometown

For those who are thinking. What is the big deal? see my previous threat.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Now I have to see if this weekend I can redo my wife’s car or for more extreme makeover; I was thinking in detailing my mother's in-law car (far more neglected than my wife's) I will try to post the pictures once done.

Going back to the PBE store subject, I would recommend going to that route first than getting things online (of course, you need to do your homework first) if you need to get some professional products, and perhaps some hard to find consumer products as well. Why? Time and money!

Getting professional products through PBE store will be in general $1 to $2 more expensive than the price listed at Meguiars. Which is fine, they need to make a living too. If is way more than that, find another one!

Here is my first surprise. After taxes, I saved around $5. If I had ordered at some out of state online store just save on taxes, I would have not saved at all even if their prices are the same as Meguiars online store. In general, S&H is about $7-10 for lets say less than $50-60 order. It goes up as your order cost increases until you reached the “free S&H� (if they offer) in which is on average more than $150?

The second surprise was lead time in getting these products. I called this particular PBE store yesterday morning and asked if they have these products on stock. They did not, but they could order for me and pick them up the SAME AFTERNOON! Wow! So, I gave the ok and I picked them after work. You have to remember, I had no account with them. I was just a total stranger for them. Once at the store, the owner told me if I need anything else, just give them a call and most of the time they will have it the same day if is a non stock item or out of stock. Now that is good customer service!
    If I have ordered online I would have waited at most 10 working days.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rave. I hope my tips are useful, specially for those who are having hard time getting professional products and wanted to support their local economy.
    Last edited by romulus; Feb 4, 2005, 09:39 AM.
    Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Hi romulus,

Glad to hear you located a good PBE store. One of the reasons I wrote that article is because they are a good resource and like you said, they didn't have the products you wanted in stock, but they were able to get them for your quickly!

Looking forward to your results and write-up!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You're lucky, the only PBE store in my area likes to charge a little too much over retail. I now switched to buying from Sparkle Auto, they are the best online meg's vendor IMO. Plus if you order more than 60 bucks worth of stuff you get free cookies!!!

Comment

Mike,
        I am looking forward for tomorrows detailing. I guess is going to be a toss up which car I am going to detail.

travisdecpn,
        I guess I got lucky. But thanks for mentioning your online meg's vendor. The more resources the better.
        Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

I too found a local PBE store ,thru the same link here ,went by to pick up a few things and walked out with my wallet about $130.00 lighter. but well worht the trip ,got a bunch of good stuff.Now I need to make another trip because whilel detailing my Dad's car I ran over my PC and 3 bottles of stuff.What a mess,BTW just bent the handle on the PC ,bent it back and kept on going !That thing is tuff.
          2004 MY C5 ,2005 SLK350[BLACK],.1999 Black Suburban .

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');