• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Car parked outside how to maintain if i go on long trips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Car parked outside how to maintain if i go on long trips?

Hey guys,

i just got a black/black 2011 audi a5. And i have a few questions on detailing maintenance. I often have to travel for work and i have to leave my car outside in a private lot. And im scared of bird poop and other abrasive materials that may attack my car! So my questions to you is... if you dont have any shade you can park in and its parked outside, what would you do? im often out of town for 2-3days at a time. So should Spray it w/ some UQD and UQW before i park it outside? Or should i invest in a car cover? But i also hear that car covers will scratch your paint.... any suggestions?

thanks

-W

Re: Black Car parked outside how to maintain if i go on long trips?

Yes car covers may scratch your paint. I would keep the covers away from my black car. No matter how good the covers are, they land up scratching your paint while getting them on/off. UQW is a good option. And when you are back from your trips, you can get of the light dust with the UQD. I would suggest you to wash your car when you are back. You can also wash it just before you leave with the Ultimate Wash & Wax.

Comment

Not really a good option. Sounds like the new Ultimate Wax will be the best protecting when it comes out, so getting some of that cant hurt, with some fresh UQW on top.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

so UQW ontop of my existing wax?

Comment

Originally posted by w0ngster View Post
          so UQW ontop of my existing wax?
          Yup. UQW once every two weeks to maintain the original coat of wax. And UQD once/twice a week only to remove a bit of dust and to add a bit of shine.

Both are amazing products...

Comment

the above mentioned combos will serve you well. You will probably have to do a uqd when you come home from a business trip. Develop a routine, this way maintaining a black car will not seem so tedious.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

here are some pics. I the pics where takin right when i got home from the dealership. Coudlnt wait

black really is a full time job! came back home and dust had already begin settling on the car within 1hr... and today it rained

Also i wanted to know does UQD and UQW make dust harder to stick to the paint?

Comment

That's a sweet ride, and great pics!

As for UQD/UQW stopping dust from settling, that's pretty debatable. It is obviously hard to keep something that is carried onto the car from gravity from staying, but, I will say without a doubt keeping a fresh layer of UQD and/or UQW will DEFINITELY make removing the dust much easier and safer to do.

With a proper layer of hydrophobic protection on the car, 1-3 days of dust can be blasted off the car with a hose before even making contact with any kind of wash medium. This will obviously reduce how quickly the car gets swirls.

It also makes it easier/safer to do a quick wipe down as well.

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I feel like a broken record here but im just trying to build a system as to how i would keep a regular maintenance schedule on my car. So what ive decided is just wiping it down with m135 every couple days.

My question is, if i do want to add in UQW should it be done along with the m135? Or add it once the car becomes difficult to wipe off easily w/ the m135? So if it is then i would be doing m135/uqw/m135?!

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I feel like a broken record here but im just trying to build a system as to how i would keep a regular maintenance schedule on my car. So what ive decided is just wiping it down with m135 every couple days.

My question is, if i do want to add in UQW should it be done along with the m135? Or add it once the car becomes difficult to wipe off easily w/ the m135? So if it is then i would be doing m135/uqw/m135?!
                    Sweet looking ride.

I have used Uqw after using #135. It works very well. Another good combo. Enjoy your ride.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

All great advice. After you return from traveling, expect to wash the car. Plan it into your schedule or find a good Detailer in your area.

However, I swear by UQD. Love it on our cars which often sit outside. Carry it and microfibers all the time.

I'd worry about your interior too. Make sure to use products with good UV protection.

Nice car, I understand your concern!!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      David

Comment

...My question is, if i do want to add in UQW should it be done along with the m135? Or add it once the car becomes difficult to wipe off easily w/ the m135? So if it is then i would be doing m135/uqw/m135?!
                        I'd recommend using M135 in-between washings for removing light dust, finger prints, bird droppings, etc. Use UQW immediately after washing/drying or as a drying aid to enhance your shine and extend protection between traditional waxings. UQW needs to be applied only to a clean surface.
                        2013 Highlander - black
                        2010 TL - black

Comment

what do you recommend for interior cleaning? i have always used gold class. thats about it

If the car has heavy dirty from driving. How would you get rid of that? Im scared if i use m135/uqd it will scratch the paint

Comment

1. For interior, I have QID, APC, and Supreme Shine Dressing, and use as needed.

2. For medium/heavy dirt, best to wash.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr125... BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

I'll try it out with some qid how often do you use interior dressing?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');