• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...As I back into the garage, I feel this crunch...this is what I found !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...As I back into the garage, I feel this crunch...this is what I found !

So I decided to give my wifes car a quick wash this morning.

After it was washed and dried, I was going to pull it back into the garage to clean up the interior.

As Im backing into the garage I hear/feel this crunch. Immediately it dawned on me that I had left my wheel brushes near the front wheel. My thought was "way to go dummy, you just ruined perfectly good wheel brushes." After I got out to inspect the damage I noticed my wheel brushes were fine but this is what I found......

So needless to say, I feel pretty dumb. I was amazed that the foamer held up as well as it did. If I can source a new black attachment for the front it will be back in service.

I was also surprised the wheel brushes emerged totally unscathed.

Anyways, I thought I would share my stupid moment of the day with you guys so maybe you wont do the same thing I did.

Cheers

Bob
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Re: ...As I back into the garage, I feel this crunch...this is what I found !

Sadly, I did a similar thing with one of my versa-angle brushes. It is still usable, but I can't attach the handle anymore.

I also recall a user here running over his brand new 32ozer of 105 and spraying it all over the garage wall. He only managed to salvage a few oz's; that thread made me kind of sad.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Sorry to see that Bob.

Hopefully you can get your hands on another attachment.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        Sorry to see that Bob.

Hopefully you can get your hands on another attachment.
        Thanks man, Im going to shoot an email off to Gilmour and see what happens....
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

I think we all have done something silly like that. Hope you can get a new attachment. Good luck.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Bummer Bob. Sorry to see that. Some time back, I changed oil in my truck and pulled the pan out full of 6 Qrts of oil, leaving it on the garage floor behind the front wheel just for a moment.....well......
            Don
            "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Bummer...I run over stuff all the time
              Last edited by Michael Stoops; Dec 6, 2010, 09:35 AM. Reason: Please don't try to circumvent our system's censored words

Comment

My ray bans suffer the same

Comment

sorry to see this....I am lookin to get one of these too....
                  "STRIFE" aka Phil
                  2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                  2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                  2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I am sorry.

Comment

I think we have all been guilty of that! One thing I learned when I was a volunteer firefighter was to walk the long way around your vehicle to do a "safety" sweep before you move it. 10 years later and I still do it! Saving lots of bottles, tools, kids toys etc!

Comment

I did the same with an almost new bottle of Ultimate Compound.
                        -James
                        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');