• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel brightener sprayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel brightener sprayer

is anyone having a problem with wheel brightener sprayer's

mine dont work after sitting for a week
    I am using the
    CHEMICAL RESISTANT SPRAYER
    Item Number: D110542

I have gone through about 8 of them now?

Re: Wheel brightener sprayer

I have the same problem with mine from time to time. It only happens with the Wheel Brightner and not with the other products like APC or Super Degreaser. I have however only had to replace one chemical resistant sprayer head in the past 3 years, and that was due to me breaking the threaded collar.

I'm no engineer or chemist, but my experience with the WB seems to indicate some kind of vapor or air lock that occurs when the sprayer stands for a while. What has worked for me each time is the following:

1. Remove the sprayer head from the bottle
    2. Remove the pick up pipe/tube from the sprayer head
    3. Submerse the sprayer head in a bucket of clean water for a few minutes
    4. While still submerged in the clean water, pump the sprayer several times

I find that during step 4 the sprayer begins to operate normally and I can then reattach the pick up pipe, screw the sprayer head back onto the WB bottle and use it as per normal again.

Comment

Yes I have try to do that.
      and yes only with WB

it still wont work it seems that I need a new sprayer every week

Comment

I had this problem as well. Now, after each use I flush the sprayer with clean water and viola, no more problems.

Rick from ADS was telling me that because WB is a super strong cleaner and will eat the o-rings if left in the sprayer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
        Bob
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rthario View Post
          I had this problem as well. Now, after each use I flush the sprayer with clean water and viola, no more problems.

Rick from ADS was telling me that because WB is a super strong cleaner and will eat the o-rings if left in the sprayer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
          Bob
          x2. That is the trick.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Same here for flushing. I'm still on my original sprayer, and its not a chemical resistant one. Flush it and you won't have a problem.

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Yup, the flushing technique is the only way to save sprayers. I even have some of those Spraymaster ones ($5 a pop at Home Depot) and it would eat through them unless I rinsed them out at the end of the day.

Comment

Unscrew the sprayer from the bottle and tap the face of the sprayer against the pavement

Comment

great thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');