• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spray bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spray bottles

Has anyone had any trouble with the spray bottle sprayers the products come in? I have bought two hot tire shine bottles and both of those trigger sprayers quit after a few squirts. I call meguiars and they sent me a new bottle and darn if that thing didn't quit after a few squeezes.

Re: spray bottles

I don't use hot shine, but a buddy of mine has and he has had problems with the sprayers on several bottles of hot shine tire spray.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by coffeesnob View Post
      Has anyone had any trouble with the spray bottle sprayers the products come in? I have bought two hot tire shine bottles and both of those trigger sprayers quit after a few squirts. I call meguiars and they sent me a new bottle and darn if that thing didn't quit after a few squeezes.

www.meguiars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46763

Check it ^ Its a crying shame how terrible these sprayers perform. I had close to a dozen bottles in a row do the exact same thing

Heres the kicker....A couple weeks ago I went to pick up a couple of bottles of HS, and before I did, I thought man these are a pain in the @@@. So instead I picked up a bottle of Armor-All tire dressing, it looks amazing on tires and doesn't sling. I am on my 3rd bottle already

I'm not posting this to be a pain, but just goes to show you how easily you can loose a customer. I seriously doubt I'll ever purchase Hot Shine again

Comment

Well if you are continuing to have problems. Buy yourself a heavy duty spray bottle and trigger. Then just transfer the product to the secondary bottle. Problem solved.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Well if you are continuing to have problems. Buy yourself a heavy duty spray bottle and trigger. Then just transfer the product to the secondary bottle. Problem solved.
          If I wanted to supply my on bottles and sprayers I would purchase the blue stuff from my local distributor. The average consumer will either return the item or set it on a shelf and forget it

Comment

I find that the sprayers break too...pretty much every bottle I got. I never made it through a whole bottle without it breaking.

So I just bought some nice durable sprayers and replace the original ones on my Ultimate Quik Wax/Ultimate Detailer as needed. They also do a better job of creating a large fine mist.

Comment

I too have had a lot of sprayers break. So now when I have one that doesn't, I save it after the bottle is empty and wash it out so if another breaks, I have a replacement.
              As great as Meguiar's stuff is, it looks like they cheaped out when it came to sprayers.

Comment

I have had many problems with all of the sprayers, I would normally just take the product back, but when you live in Canada and buy the product in the USA it makes it a little harder, So yes I do now save all my old sprayers and use them or transfer to another no name bottle, so it never really is to much of a issue,

On the same note -- our house hold has the same issue with windex and other products, there is always one around that stops working, so I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you look hard enough there is always a spare around the house that you can use

Comment

^I bought a few from the dollar stores....works great!
                  I bought mines from the dollar store on Kingsway & Knight...if youre interested
                  "STRIFE" aka Phil
                  2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                  2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                  2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I replaced my defective bottles with spray bottles from Canadian Tires indoor gardening section... about $ 2.49 + GST

Comment

I learned real fast to give slow steady sprays, not spray the heck out of it like you are putting out a fire, works for me and they quit breaking, plus with the wind, I get more product where I want it, not all over me or paint.....
                      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I never have had a Hot Shine bottle spray, period. So, I bought the cheapest spray bottle Walmart carries and poured my Hot Shine in there, works perfect.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');