• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it rust???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it rust???

hi guyz..
    wanna ask something..it's already there when i bought it..it's near my door jamb..but just the driver's side..there's nothing like this on other door..any idea how to clean it without damaging the material??thx..

Re: is it rust???

It looks like a thin film of grease.

Did you try anything to clean it?
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

well..i've tried wiping it..but it didn't came off..i usually just focus on the exterior..
      can i use quik detailer on it if it's grease??what if it's rust??

thx..

Comment

Do you have anything like SwirlX or UC there?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

well..we don't hav swirl x coz it's really rare in my hometown..we hav ultimate compound though..can i use UC to fix this??

Comment

Well it is hard to tell just what it is. I would try a little bit of UC on a brown spec that is on the edge. Dont try it right in the middle in case it smears it, looks worse.

Try a little gently with a gentle applicator... take it slow, don't get too aggressive all at once, and see if there is any improvement.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is that trim piece plastic or aluminum? Either way, it won't rust. It should clean up.

Colin
              A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

thx murr..i'll try that..

@cnfowler, well..dunno what is it..it's metal..aluminium i think..

Comment

I doubt its rust (most cars use aluminum or plastic trim) - looks more like dried adhesive.

If its adhesive, try 3M adhesive remover.
                  Andy W.
                  Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                  Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Try a all purpose cleaner. May have to step up on your choice of applicators.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');