• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

noticed hazing on new paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noticed hazing on new paint job

I recently got my 2005 scion xb custom painted and now I have noticed hazing around the pillars above the doors. This is not a flat surface as it rolls into the deck/top, I have talked to my paint Guy and he said he can buff it out but it will take some time to get to since he is so busy... is there something I can do? I have a indoor car show this weekend and the florescent light will be like a bullseye on these problem areas.

I prefer to do this by hand without power as I don't want to burn the clearcoat.

Paint has been on for about 60 days.

Please help

Kyle

Re: noticed hazing on new paint job

You won't "burn" the clear coat using a Dual Action polisher. But if you want to work by hand, you should try using the least aggressive product first and assuming you're going to stick to the consumer line you could try SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0 and then UC if the others don't work. Try a test spot first to make sure you get the results you're looking for.

Got any pics?

Comment

Sounds like its orange peel is left over from a poor wet sanding job and quick buff to get your car back to you.

I would do a test spot of m105 to see if you notice any difference to determin the point of attack. Do you have a machine? If your going to a show, you wont get the results your looking for working by hand.

FYI depending on how bad the peel is, you might need to have the car wet sanded again.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        Sounds like its orange peel is left over from a poor wet sanding job and quick buff to get your car back to you.

I would do a test spot of m105 to see if you notice any difference to determin the point of attack. Do you have a machine? If your going to a show, you wont get the results your looking for working by hand.

FYI depending on how bad the peel is, you might need to have the car wet sanded again.
        how did you conclude it is orange peel from him saying it is hazing... without any pics? unless you are saying the hazing is the sand marks from when his painter was removing orange peel after it was painted?

Comment

I know its not orange peal, its a mild white haze.. I can post pics later today...it not very noticeable under natural light only florescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');