• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with selection of buffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with selection of buffers

Hello to all you Meguiar's fans. I am looking at the orbital 6" buffer. No experience with one, but am really looking for advice on which one to get. Also when using the foam heads or covers, can you wash them? How often can they be reused? Thx Kyle

Re: help with selection of buffers

I think all the "name" brand orbitals are quite good. Porter Cable, Meguiars, Griots, and others.

I have heard the Meguiars has less vibration but havent used one myself to verify. I have a Porter Cable thats real nice but it does have a bit of a buzz that can numb your hands.

I also have a Rotary buffer with a Dynabrade orbital attatchment that is real real nice. Doesnt have the "buzz" of the porter cable but is heavier/larger
    Adam

Comment

Also, yes the foam pads can be washed. they can last quite a while
      Adam

Comment

Hey Nick,

This section is really meant to act as a way for new members to tell us a little about themselves before they dive into the detailing topics.

Because of that, you won't likely get many answers here.

I suggest creating a new topic in Detailing 101.

Also, it would help to give more background on what you are hoping to accomplish with the tool, and what your budget is.

Welcome to MOL!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');