• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before/After shots of engine bay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before/After shots of engine bay.

Ok, finally have some before and after shots. I have not cleaned the motor in a few months. What did I do? Went to the car wash, rinse motor, spray Simple green, rinse, spray Castrol Super Clean degreaser, rinse, use "engine" cleaner setting and sprayed, rinse AND wipe down, use fine steel wool(valve covers, tensioner, P/S, A/C compressor, metal lines),rinse AND wipe down, THEN sprayed CD2 cleaner on firewall, motor,radiator,battery, etc. Keep hood open for 20 minutes, start motor for a couple. Drive around for 10-20 minutes to let the CD2 set in. Then wipe off excess. Once I run out of my current cleaners, I'll try the Meguiar's stuff. Here goes!!

2003 Black Cobra, ported/pullied, built SRA, custom tune, exhaust, cooling mods...11.06 @ 125mph
    2006 4Runner, daily driver
    2006 Avalon XLS, family ride

Very nice. Now you have inspired me to start on my '88.
    Mark
    1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
    1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
    2002 F150 Harley Davidson
    2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Thanks. Seems like you have quite a nice collection of vehicles!
      2003 Black Cobra, ported/pullied, built SRA, custom tune, exhaust, cooling mods...11.06 @ 125mph

Comment

Just a Ford Guy with an understanding wife! She was amazed at the difference before & after. The '88 is hers and she wants to try to get the same results this weekend. Question, did you cover the spark plug wires or any other electrical connection to spray or did you just avoid those areas? Also, was the engine warm or cold when you started?
        Mark
        1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
        1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
        2002 F150 Harley Davidson
        2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

The engine was warm when I started b/c I drove a few miles to this certain car wash. I didn't cover up anything. I just tried not to use high pressure on certain areas and just use low pressure most of the time. After the rinses in there, I could work the valve covers without burning myself.

Comment

Look good. Congrats on your results.

Comment

Ok, here is a link to my cardomain page on cleaning my engine bay with some before and after shots since I don't have them hosted. Engine pics

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');