• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Your Car At A Car Wash Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Your Car At A Car Wash Bay

It is always great to have a place of your own to detail but what if you live in an apartment, dorms or a house with no driveway or outside faucet? Would you detail your car at a car washing bay and how long would you spend doing it.
    Yes, Do a full detail and take as long as I want.
    8.33%
    Yes, but go during off hours or to an out of the way less busy car wash
    79.17%
    No, Take it through the automatic
    12.50%
    No, never wash, I let the rain do it
    0.00%

Re: Detailing Your Car At A Car Wash Bay

These pictures were taken at the company they own. This was on saturday:

These pictures were taken on sunday, at their house:

Take as much time as you need. It will worth it.

I love detailing, doesnt matter where i do it.

One of the parts i love the most about detailing is that you get to drive some of the best cars.
    Also you learn to become a really good driver and fit cars/trucks, SUV's.. Anywhere!
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

I have a garage, I spend easily 2 hrs...as I did yesterday.
      All I did was wash & detail with UQD....

I feel bad for people living in appartments...
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Car wash bays here charge by the minute. Ninty cents a min currently. Way too exspensive to do a full detail.
        Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
        "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Some places have restrictions on detailing at the car wash. I'm sure the main reason for this is so you don't hold up other paying customers. That said, I've done it when there wasn't anyone else there.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

A lot of times if you clear it in advance, to go in off peak hours, the manager will allow it. Check first. They usually are pretty accommodating. At least in my experience.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

If you mean bucket wash, dry and spray detailer or spray wax, then I do that frequently. Although at a couple of car washes, when I asked about bucket washing, it's not allowed. so I go some where else.

If you mean bucket wash, dry, clay, paint correct, polish and apply liquid or paste wax, then no I don't do that. Nor have I asked to do that.

It seems around here folks usually auto wash rather than manual bay wash. So manual bays open most the time, until boating and motorcycle season. Very rare to see all manual bays busy any time of year in this rural area.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              David

Comment

I voted for your second option.

I too live in apartments and almost exclusively use wash bays due to having little other option. If the weather is going to be nice I typically go early in the morning to have time to fully wash my vehicle. Never had an issue with anyone when I follow that schedule.

Comment

I bucket wash, dry, and spray wax at the car wash. Although, I typically pull it out of the garage bay to dry ect. and I always go during off-peak hours. I figure that the car wash is still getting money out of me as I use at least three rounds of plain water from the sprayer.
                  "Cars make great banks but they don't pay interest"

Comment

I am fortunate to have several very good car wash bays near my house. I have developed a very good rapport with the owner. I will sometimes brind additional supplies to properly quick detail my car in the bay. However, I only do it off hours and never if there are other people waiting.

I always defer to them because it is their business. I do not want to take away any potential sales from other customers.

Comment

I use car wash bays if: 1) I'm in an exceptionally lazy mood or, 2) The car is really, really dirty; which many times puts me in an exceptionally lazy mood. I soap & rinse, then come home & clean it up. I'll stay at the bays if no one else in around because I don't want to do a lot of work only to have some guys shoot spray that will inevitably end up on my work.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');