• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Designing a cabinet for my Meguiar's product.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Designing a cabinet for my Meguiar's product.

Comment

Wow.
      2010 Volkswagen GTI.
      United Gray | 2 Door | 18s | DSG

Like me on Facebook.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Marine Toys -

Haven't quite figured out the ceiling, how about a coupe more photos of that. How is the space heated? Is there water in there too? Plenty of electricity that's for sure!

Also, where's your buffer(s)? Have I overlooked them in photos?

Kinda jealous, if you can't tell!!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

Unbelievable,
            Congrats!

Comment

The cabinet guy comes back on Thursday.
              Just picked up a 42" TV today at Best buy for $399.00
              Ill have it mounted and the cabinets in for next weekend.
              So Ill do more Pictures then
              As far as heating goes I dont have anything yet, Its Vancouver so it really doesnt get that cold here

More Pictures and info to come n a week

Comment

Looks really nice. I'm no geography wiz by any means, but I know products can freeze in Tennessee and we are way closer to the equator than Vancouver. I'd make sure there is either really good insulation in the garage or you have some type of small heating device to keep your products at a decent temp.

If you need garage ideas, check out the forums at Garage Jounral (Google it for the direct link). Theu have some really nice garages and sections in the forums for just about everything garage related, such as floors / lighting / cabinets / heating / etc.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Sorry to bring this thread back around....Just my two cents...

I have a 3 car garage with a 2 car space about this size. Unless you drive a midget car or park outside it's just NOT enough room for 2 cars to comfortably park inside and have any sort of real work bench or storage space. If you have, or get, a truck -- fahgetta about it!

My previous house was a custom build with a 25' x 25' two car garage. I would have liked more but that was a compromise I made with budget. And for two cars, it was a pretty good choice. It offered a comfortable space to park 2 daily drivers and have ample storage and work space. At the time I even had a zero turn mower stuff in there.

It wouldn't cost you much more to expand your 2 car to these dimensions and you would be much, much happier. Still do the other things mentioned, but when building -- make sure you get good "bones" to start off.

One last thought -- if possible, leave yourself a good sized attic above that you can floor and use as storage. I have one above mine and it has been a life saver!

The most valuable real estate in your garage is the floor space, so you need to think up. Search here for soffit cabinets I have a 3 car garage with a 2 car space about this size. Unless you drive a midget car or park outside it's just NOT enough room for 2 cars to comfortably park inside and have any sort of real work bench or storage space. If you have, or get, a truck -- fahgetta about it!

My previous house was a custom build with a 25' x 25' two car garage. I would have liked more but that was a compromise I made with budget. And for two cars, it was a pretty good choice. It offered a comfortable space to park 2 daily drivers and have ample storage and work space. At the time I even had a zero turn mower stuff in there.

It wouldn't cost you much more to expand your 2 car to these dimensions and you would be much, much happier. Still do the other things mentioned, but when building -- make sure you get good "bones" to start off.

One last thought -- if possible, leave yourself a good sized attic above that you can floor and use as storage. I have one above mine and it has been a life saver!

The most valuable real estate in your garage is the floor space, so you need to think up. Search here for soffit cabinets https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-cabinets/ -- that space is mostly wasted otherwise and makes for great storage. Fold down workspaces are also handy.

The shed idea is a great one -- I moved my yard stuff out to a shed a few years ago, and it made a big difference in my garage.

The biggest thing is to have a clear plan for what you intend to do in the space. The smaller the area, the more clever you have to be to fit it all in. -- that space is mostly wasted otherwise and makes for great storage. Fold down workspaces are also handy.

The shed idea is a great one -- I moved my yard stuff out to a shed a few years ago, and it made a big difference in my garage.

The biggest thing is to have a clear plan for what you intend to do in the space. The smaller the area, the more clever you have to be to fit it all in.

Comment

I needed shallow cabinets on this wall so I turned this trash...

..into this treasure.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');