• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help red pad/105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help red pad/105

alright so I've got a problem.

I've used the Red pad at speed 5,6 before and havent ran into any problems.

I used the Red pad on my sunset orange camaro that has a 1 year old paint job with light swirls and light minor scratches.

Process:

I tried yellow pad 105 and no luck.the clear seemed very hard and didnt really do anything.

Red pad/205 at speed 5.5 got about 80% of the imperfections out,but didnt get rid of the light scratches that were hidden behind the imperfections.I also was left with what looks like lil clear/air bubbles that are visable at a side reflection view. any tips on how to fix this?I'll try and a pic,but the camara doesnt really capture the bubbles.

I did follow with
    -205/blk meguiars pad
    -Black fire wet diamond sealant
    and put the car cover on the car for a few days.

Re: need help red pad/105

Sounds like there may be some imperfections in the clear. Either a more aggressive pad/rotary or if there is enough coating thickness you can wetsand and buff out
    Adam

Comment

Originally posted by 01SOMSS! View Post

..... light scratches that were hidden behind the imperfections.
      I am not sure what you are trying to say here...??? Using a cutting pad with the DA can cause micro-marring which can be extremely difficult to remove. You may have marred the finish as you removed the imperfections, but have instilled marring due to the cutting pad and DA combo. Try going over the section again with the polishing pad and the M105. Follow this with the M205 on another polishing pad (do not cross-contaminate products on the same pad without washing the pad first) as well. If this does not do it, we will have to look to other possible solutions.

Do you have pictures that you can post so that we can make a better assessment?

As for the bubbles, it sounds like Solvent Pop. If that is a case, and I hope I am wrong, as this will most likely mean that you will have to get that section repainted...

Again, pictures would help greatly...

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

One other point that Tims post reminded me of, sometimes when you remove much of the lighter maring the deeper scratches that were already there really stand out.

Thats when you need to decide if you want to live with it or attempt to go farther down and remove the deeper scratches.
        Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
          I am not sure what you are trying to say here...??? Using a cutting pad with the DA can cause micro-marring which can be extremely difficult to remove. You may have marred the finish as you removed the imperfections, but have instilled marring due to the cutting pad and DA combo. Try going over the section again with the polishing pad and the M105. Follow this with the M205 on another polishing pad (do not cross-contaminate products on the same pad without washing the pad first) as well. If this does not do it, we will have to look to other possible solutions.

Do you have pictures that you can post so that we can make a better assessment?

As for the bubbles, it sounds like Solvent Pop. If that is a case, and I hope I am wrong, as this will most likely mean that you will have to get that section repainted...

Again, pictures would help greatly...

Tim

should I go over it with a yellow Meg pad with 105 then 205 blk pad? this happened in 3 different areas. the test spot was fine. I noticed this after I removed the car cover after 2 days.

Comment

here's the pics. notice the lil bubles and it also looks like a dotted specks.

anyone know how I can fix this?

Comment

Wetsand it... 1-2-3000, then wool/cutting pad with a rotary using 105 then 205 on a polishing pad with the da then probably again with the da and 205 on a finishing pad to jewel the finish then lsp

Comment

you right its need wet sanding in on way with more passion cold be hellp ,and do not work in dark place you cant see what worst thing happen so try up and inform us soon good luck
                Originally posted by fredcandetail View Post
                Wetsand it... 1-2-3000, then wool/cutting pad with a rotary using 105 then 205 on a polishing pad with the da then probably again with the da and 205 on a finishing pad to jewel the finish then lsp

Comment

Hello!
                  I had a similar problem with my vehicle as well.
                  I am pretty sure this is caused from dirt being in the clear as it dried when it was painted a year ago.
                  These will not come out with compound unfortunately, and as said above they will be have to removed by wetsanding.
                  Be careful!
                  Its nice to remove the imperfections but not too much to compromise the thickness of the clear!
                  The new generation in detail! - Polishworks -

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');