• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor mat Extreme Makeover? (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor mat Extreme Makeover? (lots of pics)

Here's a look at what we did this weekend. Not too exciting, nothing real flashy. How can you do an extreme makeover of a floor mat?

This was the first time I took pics during the floor mat cleaning process.

The tools:

All Purpose Cleaner

Electric Dual Action Polisher

Aztec extractor

And the white bristle brush pictured below...

Here's the before pics

The process
    After vacuuming the mat was lightly misted with the heated extractor water.

Then the APC was with a damp terry towel to aid is even product application. The foam sprayer tends to focus too much product in one area.

Third the APC was spread with the PC and white brush and the mat was misted again with the heated water. Now the APC was really worked in to get the stains and deep down dirt out.

Next the mat was rinsed, extracted and allowed to air dry.

The Results
    These are the finished products. I guess the mats turned out alright I was hoping to get all the spots out.

And some pics of the car... Unfortunaltely the car is at a different angle.

Before

After (not to big of a difference)

Enjoy!!

Not even one "that's the best you can do" or anything?

Comment

Haha, all in good time, they look great. I also like the writeup, thanks for taking the time to give us a detailed explanation of your process, that is one thing that I wish I had the time and patience to do. How do you like your Aztec extractor? Do you notice your PC bog down when you use those brushes?

Comment

Or how bout "you missed a spot??"

The Aztec machine is nice. Works great and is compact. Not a bad machine for the price plus its heated.

The PC (for me) only bogs when I put too much downward pressure on the machine. I try to let the brush do the work.

Now for some props... I forgot to mention in the first post.

Thanks TOGWT for your help and knowledge.

1. You mentioned the Aztec machine on another forum. I made the purchase and have been very pleased with the machine.

2. Your numerous posts on how to clean carpets like this. how do you clean carpet? They have been very helpful on getting great results. You're right on the money.

Thanks again and thanks for the replies.

Comment

Hey Scrub,

Great job!!!

It always amazes me how some people treat their vehicles! I too have hit stains in which no matter what I tried, they were there to stay!

How did you find using the PC to scrub the carpet?

Cheers!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

2hotford
            "How did you find using the PC to scrub the carpet?"

Its a real time saver. I think the brush and PC really seems to draw the dirt and stains out of the carpet. I even use this combo for stains on household carpet with great success.

I wasn't really interested in using a brush on the PC when I read the David B. Ebook, now I won't clean an interior without it.

Comment

Not to slam the owner of the Audi but... The vehicle owner was my business partner for a short time. We used his Audi as an intro to basic detailing.

Comment

The mats and the car look good.

Sometimes stains will not come out of an automotive carpet or upholstery due to the inferior quality of materials used.

Eric
                Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');