• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pricing in the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing in the Philippines

Just a question, how come that prices of Meguiars products here in the Philippines are 2x or more than what is the price in USD? Even the so called "Meguiars Philippines" (Simex Trading) has this kind of pricing; so it's still best to order at amazon, autogeek or somewhere outside our country and have it delivered here. Can Meguiars do something about this?

Re: Pricing in the Philippines

The Meguiar’s brand was founded on developing and providing surface care products that demonstrably exceed the performance expectations of enthusiasts. As Meguiar’s has expanded globally, questions about differences in prices from one country to another occasionally are raised.

Cross-border price differences are not unique to the Meguiar’s brand, or surface care products, but are experienced in virtually every product category. From wax to running shoes to fast food hamburgers, wide ranges of pricing for similar products are the global norm. These price differences are a direct consequence of vastly different cost structures. When the costs of transport, import duties, local VAT, labeling for local language and health and safety requirements are all added in, the cost difference can be substantial. And although it is true that international taxes can sometimes be evaded for purchases made online, this is a practice that is not legal and certainly a practice that Meguiar’s could never condone.

In addition to the additional logistical and governmental costs noted, Meguiar’s has also established a local subsidiary or distribution partner for most countries around the world. This local organization provides tremendous value in organizing in-country distribution, conducting detailing seminars, providing customer service and answering technical queries from enthusiasts every day, establishing advertising and communication programs, and many, many other key services in building the business. Each of these local partners has a real passion for the car hobby, and also has a real cost of these services, and yes, they also need to make a profit. Without their efforts and local investment, Meguiar’s products would still be largely unavailable to the majority of global car enthusiasts.

Rather than comparing pricing from one country to another, we believe a much more relevant and fairer comparison is to make a local price comparison with products of comparable quality and performance. We and our partners strive to price our products competitive, and are committed to provide products that exceed the enthusiast’s performance expectations.

We do sincerely thank you for your passion in bringing your concern to our attention. We also hope that our explanation helps you in understanding some of the complexity of the global marketplace and the many factors that go into determining the price of Meguiar’s products in your country.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Apologies if I invade a thread from Philippines.

But Brian, is there any plan for Brazil that you can reveal?

Here we do not have any seminar, training, marketing, nothing.

The only thing we have is a site under construction which is in fact a redirect to 3M web site.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
        And although it is true that international taxes can sometimes be evaded for purchases made online, this is a practice that is not legal and certainly a practice that Meguiar’s could never condone.
        I order online and have it delivered here in the Philippines by reputable courier services so taxes are applied for the goods. Still, it is way cheaper than the "Meguiars Philippines". Don't get me wrong, I love Meguiars products that's why I use it; but pricing here is unfair. I know you can't do anything about it, I just want to share the situation here to others.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rodrigo View Post
          Apologies if I invade a thread from Philippines.

But Brian, is there any plan for Brazil that you can reveal?

Here we do not have any seminar, training, marketing, nothing.

The only thing we have is a site under construction which is in fact a redirect to 3M web site.

Thanks
          _Rodrigo,

Here is the contact info for our partners in Brazil...

Retail:
          Rodolfo A. Rodrigues | Marketing
          3M do Brasil Ltda
          Rod. Anhaguera, Km 110 | Sumaré SP - 13 181 900
          Telefone: 55 019 3838 7476 | Fax: 55 019 3838 7681
          rarodrigues@mmm.com | www.3M.com.br

Professional:
          Alexandre Sako, director comercial e marketing
          Maxi Rubber
          Av Luigi Papaiz 843
          Diadema SP
          Brasil