• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC Dilution ratio for pad cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC Dilution ratio for pad cleaning?

What would be the best ratio of APC for pad cleaning?

I know they make Dedicated Pad Cleaners, but I neglected to order them.

Thanks.
    2010 Volkswagen GTI.
    United Gray | 2 Door | 18s | DSG

Like me on Facebook.

Re: APC Dilution ratio for pad cleaning?

For wax and sealants, I use it 4:1. Everything else, 10:1.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Thank you!
      2010 Volkswagen GTI.
      United Gray | 2 Door | 18s | DSG

Like me on Facebook.

Comment

Rather then creating a new thread, I thought I'd ask a question in relation to cleaning the pad. Do you spray the pad with APC and then work the product in or do you leave the pads in a mixed solution for a period of time and then just throw them in the washer?

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
          Rather then creating a new thread, I thought I'd ask a question in relation to cleaning the pad. Do you spray the pad with APC and then work the product in or do you leave the pads in a mixed solution for a period of time and then just throw them in the washer?
          Depends. If I've got some loaded up with wax or sealant I usually let 'em soak in a bucket of APC dilution then work 'em and rinse 'em by hand. Then I toss 'em in the washer with the rest of the polishing and compounding pads. I let 'em air dry on a drying rack.

TL

Comment

Sounds about right. Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');