• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions..

In preparation for my spring detail, I have two questions.

1) what detailer line product are you guys using on headliners? Mine have some dirt fingers on them from yours truly.
    2) Also to cut cost, what detailer product are you guys using for interior plastics to shine them up. I use APC to clean them, but like the black plastics to pop and shine.

-Marcus
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Re: Couple of questions..

I would be very careful on your headliner. Try using APC+ at 10:1 sprayed on a microfiber, and dabbing the spots to see if they come out.

APC will clean your interior great, but it won't protect it and make it shine. I like using M40 on the interior. If you like it shinier, leave it as is after you apply it, or if you like it more matte, try wiping it down with a clean microfiber after application.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

You use M40 on plastic? Like dash and console and what have you?

Comment

Yes, M40 is a plastic/vinyl dressing.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What Murr said, it works great on interior plastics!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Buy HD and get 3 spray bottles...
            Tires 1:1
            Engine and plastics 4:1
            Interior (matte finish) 10:1
            And your done! I used to try and be very exclusive and offer different products for customers and then found out they just hand over the keys and don't really care to much as long as it looks clean when they return so for the detailed that wants only a few products to carry with him and make more profit this is it

Anyone see this the way I do for regular wasn't n dress jobs? Or do pro detailers here show up with 10 different dressings and have there customer pick? I can only imagine the headache of exposing "well this one does this and this one does that"
            Don't get me wrong, I do have many high end vehicle owners who want the boutique products dodo zaino p21s leather masters and some older men with antiques that only want used but for the masses HD is a very good AIO

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');