• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax - First Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax - First Use

My truck was white from all the salt and sand from the roads around here, so since it got up into the 40's today I went to the car wash and pressure washed all the salt and sand off my truck. I then went home and used Optimum No Rinse and washed my truck (No hose). Before I dried the truck off I misted on the new Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. It says right on the gallon jug that you can use it on a wet vehicle while drying it off if you want, so I figured I would give it a try. I then proceeded to dry my truck off with my Waffle Weave Microfiber drying towel. It was noticeably easier to dry than if I would not have misted the spray wax on first. I was surprised. You could actually see the beads of water start to run off the sides od my truck ever so slightly once I misted the spray wax onto the truck. It was almost like it was releasing the surface tension of the water slightly I would guess. After I dried it off, I misted it on the truck again real light for a second time and followed up with a separate dry microfiber towel for the final touch to make sure I got everything. I really like how the new spray wax worked. It's probably my new favorite product.

Here is my truck after. Just a simple ONR wash and then dried with the new Synthetic X-press Spray Wax. The truck actually looks so much better in person, though. Red is tough to photograph sometimes to capture the true look..

Brian

Re: Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax - First Use

It looks pretty good even on the picture, Brian.

I like your tip about spraying it on the wet surface and how less drag it created while drying.

Good review. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Looking good!!! I can't wait to try this product out! I'll probably buy this when I run through my UQW but I also need the corresponding detailer dispensing bottle to be available first.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Dang! I hate when my old brain doesn't keep up with my body.

I just did a quick ONR wash on the van today after our little snow yesterday. While I was washing the thought ran through my head ... "Boy, I need to wax this beast". So do you think that I remember the NEW gallon of Synthetic Spray Wax on my shelf?

Rats!!

Yours looks nice Mister B. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Comment

ive said the same abt using it while drying .... dont know or care about the science behind it but it sure does make things go alot easier!

Comment

Thanks guys,

I really like the new Synthetic X-press Spray Wax. It is so easy to use. You do not have to worry about what you get it on. Glass, paint, chrome, black trim, etc... It works on everything and you do not have to worry about any white residue. Just mist it on and wipe off.

I can not wait until spring when it warms up and I can actually start using it more often.
            Brian

Comment

Even though I don't need it.... I now really want it!!!! Nice truck.
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698
              Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                Even though I don't need it.... I now really want it!!!! Nice truck.
                Thanks. I try to keep my truck in decent shape.

Every once in a while people still ask me if it is a new truck. I always say no, I've had it for almost 7 years and it has 175,000 miles on it.
                Brian

Comment

Just used it today for cleaning and detailing some bathrooms.

I like how it looks on tile.

I use it for maintenence details as well obviously.

Nice review, truck looks nice.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

^ Hmmm since I have 5 bottles of UQW and just rec'd my 2 jugs of X-press spray wax...I might just detail my washroom tile too....
                    "STRIFE" aka Phil
                    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');