• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a little help from my friend.....Paint and PPF correction - 2011 Tesla Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a little help from my friend.....Paint and PPF correction - 2011 Tesla Roadster

This was a very unique little project recently that Innovative Detailing was hired to do with the help of one of my friends, Joe of Superior Shine. It was on December 28th 2010 when the weather was cold and nasty here in California, and we were pounded by storm after storm. I had received a call from Tesla Motors about performing some minor scratch correction on a 2011 Tesla Roadster mainly on the front hood area. I met Joe near my storage unit and we ventured out as it started raining. We had talked a few days before and he wanted to join me for a job if I had anything lined up since the rain had been so bad…..So low and behold “911” Detail Doc’s to take care of this Tesla…..

Upon arrival we met with a factory representative and went over the vehicle with him and the owner, and told them what the plan of correction would be. I informed him that this would require more extensive correction than something just minor, this needed color sanding and rotary correction. The correction work we performed eliminated RDS’s, factory D/A marks and extensive scratches in the hood area on both the paint and PPF. Our goal was to correct the paint damage due to who only knows and restore the Paint Protection Film and not have to have it replaced.

So as we started to prep the vehicle, another rain storm came thru and we had my nice little 10x10 ez up canopy set up that Joe laughed at. Hey he’s Joe, he goes large……..lol, but this little cover did help keep us from getting soaked.

So here are some before photo's of the damage that needed correction....

Color sanding begins on this part by Joe, I did the other half..... proper masking was very essential.

Look at how deep and extensive these scratches were....

Joe tried to correct this area with the D/A but it would cut it...

Bring out the big guns.....focused

Time to correct the color sanded areas....as Joe preps the pad....

Rotary correction begins

PPF damage that needed to be corrected with the rotary and M205...

During the middle of the job Joe vanished and this masked detailing villain came out of nowhere...

and had to be tamed with some of these...

Joe wrapping around the back with the D/A and M205

Some more shots....finished up the correction.

Interior Detail as well, we go above and beyond....

Final inspection and wipe down...

Final shots...

Thanks again Joe for spending the day and working with Innovative Detailing on this project!...you earned your T-bone dinner and some!!

David M. Sylican
    Innovative Detailing
    Headlight Lens Restoral
    Detailing Caddy
    Join us on Facebook

Re: With a little help from my friend.....Paint and PPF correction - 2011 Tesla Roads

T-BONE!!!!!!!!!!
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Re: With a little help from my friend.....Paint and PPF correction - 2011 Tesla Roads

That is an impressive job! But, what else can we expect from two of the greats.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Sweet!
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Newspaper headline:

Dynamic Duo strikes urban neighborhood -
          masked detailing villain makes car look scary good...
          owner sees red.
          Police seek M&M eating carnivores...

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

David Sylican + Joe Rodriguez = Innovative Superior Shine Detailing:

Sky's the Limit.

You guys R O C K !!!

Comment

Absolutely first class detailing as usual !!!!!

Comment

That car looks like a revamped Lotus Elise convertible to me, but still a wonderful ride nonetheless. Stellar job to both of you!
                "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
                When Barry gives you Meguiar's, you get one HECK OF A SHINE!"

Comment

Great work guys! Always nice seeing a team of top notched detailers tackling a car together!

Sweets cars too.
                  Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by SuburbanGuy20 View Post
                    That car looks like a revamped Lotus Elise convertible to me, but still a wonderful ride nonetheless. Stellar job to both of you!
                    that's because it is... Tesla starts with the Elise platform and stretches it and converts it to electric power.

Awesome work guys!
                    Joel
                    1976 Cutlass S
                    2001 PT Cruiser
                    1990 454SS
                    Suburban

Comment

Great work guys

Joe, that is one heck of a pad spur you have going there. Hope it never kicks back or that could leave a nasty mark 4 sure

Comment

Great work guys...but I'm curious about the FJ-40 in the background? That thing looks incredible!!
                        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Great job...and your 'helper' didn't do too badly either
                          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

I would like to publicly appologize to Joe Fernandez, the Owner of Superior Shine, for accidentally changing his last name to Rodriguez (Post #6).

I'm really sorry, Joe.

P.S.: Too much reading about Alex Rodriguez (NY Yankees) dating Cameron Diaz.

Comment

I think your helper just might have a career in the detailing business.

Great work guys! Two of the best.
                              -Bob
                              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');