• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card!!

Hey guys,

I normally don't do this kind of thing, but there's a deal for a $20 Amazon gift card for only $10. I just bought one. I've never bought any of these online deals before, but this one caught my eye. It's been a major hit all day, over 700,000 sold so far.

Here's the link:
    *Edit - No outside links before reaching 30 posts, Google "Living Social Amazon coupon"

I'll probably end up buying more Meguiar's products from them. Which ***** 'cause I just spent $30 from amazon for Meguiar's products before I heard of this deal! Doh! Thanks.

Matt
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jan 19, 2011, 03:58 PM. Reason: User needs to reach 30 posts before posting links

Re: $10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card!!

It's a great deal but I'm not too sure if I would trust their site. I don't want to give them my credit card info without knowing it will be a secure transaction.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. I read their FAQ and checked their site. They use a 128-bit SSL to secure transactions so it's legit. Really, its no less safer than giving your credit card to a waiter.

Comment

The buy page shows up as secure in my browser?

Comment

There should be a lock icon beside the URL field, indicating it's secure. At least it better be, otherwise 800000 other people and I are gonna be upset. Lol.

Comment

Even if it's a secure transmission, the receiver could be waiting to use all the CC information for fraudulent use.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Even if it's a secure transmission, the receiver could be waiting to use all the CC information for fraudulent use.
              Well that could be a problem!

Personally, I'm not too worried. I check my CC account online frequently, and have never had any issues with buying from various websites *knock on wood*.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                I'm not that paranoid I guess. May as well never buy something from a website you have never used because you don't know if they really are trustworthy. Amazon has invested $175 million into LivingSocial, so I'd think they have to be legit, in the least.

From NYTimes:
                Though Amazon certainly isn’t hurting for customers, it has invested $175 million in LivingSocial, so an increase in business for the deal site is also good business for Amazon.

Comment

I'm sure you will be put onto some type of mailing list when signing up. Just be prepared if you start getting more junk mail in the future. Still, $10 can get you a couple Meguiars goodies from Amazon! May I suggest the NXT 2.0 paste wax?
                  NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

If the membership page pops up, depending which option you choose, they actually will take you to a page that'll ask you to join and sign-up for e-mail coupons.

Comment

I still haven't gotten my gift card yet but I checked their website and this was at the top of the page.

Amazon.com Gift Card purchasers

Thank you for making yesterday's deal such a success. We're hard at work processing each purchase. Thanks for your patience and you'll hear from us soon!

I guess when 1.3 million people buy the same thing it could take a while. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by macmaster View Post
                        I still haven't gotten my gift card yet
                        If they are actually mailing the gift cards, for starters, they wouldn't have even hit the mail stream until today, if not tomorrow or the following day. Then, you have to wait for it to make it to your house.

Comment

No, they're emailed.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');