• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first engine cleaning..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first engine cleaning..

hi all..just done my first engine cleaning..fortunately, the motor isn't ruined..i just spray APC on evrything without covering any parts of the engine bay..got a question though..can i hav a 'wet' look on my engine bay without using any dressing??my engine nay has many plastic and rubber and i hav GC trim detailer..can i use it??will it cause fire hazard??

also, wanna ask smtg..can i use all metal polysh on the metal in the middle of my engine??

this is the engine looks like when i first bought it..now it has surely improved drastically..

Re: first engine cleaning..

So where are the 'After' photos of your engine bay cleaning and detailing?

Comment

Re: first engine cleaning..

I'd like to see some write-ups on how people clean engines on older cars, like a Mustang II or an 80s Cutlass. That's where you will end up spending DAYS to clean, polish, and treat the surfaces; almost none of it is plastic!

Otherwise, I usually grab a few cans of a Foaming engine degreaser, with a slightly warmed engine. If your pre-rinse 'sizzles,' the engine is too warm. I use plastic bags on things (better safe than sorry!) The foam penetrates into the built-up dirt, and a bristle brush (bottle-type brush) gets most of the grime off, and you can go again to get any heavy spots. Pick a good spot to wash it, as in not a new or clean driveway (try a gravel pad.) Be careful when using all-purpose cleaners, as the pH can be too high or low, and you can damage the paint or finish.
      Drive resposibly.
      Rock music.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');