• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 or M21????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M20 or M21????

Bump....

Comment

Well, staining may want a more dedicated cleaner like the #45, or more of a cleaner/wax.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Fuller View Post
        Wow I had some catching up to do, thanks guys!

Sorry, I have been experimenting the ULtimate line for the first time.

The RV has very light staining and is in pretty good shape because it's only a year or so old.

With that said, what would be your recommendation Tim? I would like to add te oils back in while protecting it for as long as possible. He was very concerned with the longevity.

Thanks again guys, you have been so much help!
        Hi Tony,

Is the RV fiberglass or aluminum with automotive paint?

If the RV is a year old, the staining which I assume is black streaks due to the rubber roof, the M20 should easily remove that as well due to the chemical cleaner in it. However, if it does not remove the light staining, then a black streak remover should be used. Protec All makes a really good product for that...

I normally use the Meguiar's Black Streak Remover but I believe it has been discontinued.

If the staining is far worse, then either M44 Color Restorer or if it is really bad, then M67. Follow any of these with a good uniform coat of M20.

If the M20 does not do it or does not work well on your particular RV, then we can look at other options or even brands like Pro Wax RV and Aircraft Wax which has substantially more cut than a typical cleaner wax, but does not last as long as a good sealant.

Here are a couple of pics of my own travel trailer...

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey Tim, that is a nice RV you have there. Its so reflective!

Sorry it has taken so long but here are a couple pics.

Not too bad. What would you recommend from viewing the pictures. This shows the worst parts.

Thank you

Comment

Hey Troy,

Those are just black streaks from the rubber roof. Meg's M20 should be able to remove them, but if it leaves ghost streaks (very light outlines where the streaks used to be) then using the Protect All Black Streak Cleaner, or even Meg's M44 Color Restorer will easily remove them. If you can find a store with the discontinued Meg's Black Streak Remover, grab a few bottles as it is an excellent product!!!

Otherwise, after a good thorough wash, remove the black streaks, and then a good coat of M20 worked in with a DA polisher like Meg's G110 V2, and a few polishing pads, and it should come out looking awesome!

I hope this helps!

Tim

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me Tim.

I think I will pick up a bottle of M44 and M20. I was planning to do the polish/cleaning by rotary with polishing pad and apply the wax by DA with a finishing pad. I think a DA is the only way to go on a gelcoat because of the large pores that need to be filled.

I will post pics when I am done.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Fuller View Post
                Thank you for getting back to me Tim.

I think I will pick up a bottle of M44 and M20. I was planning to do the polish/cleaning by rotary with polishing pad and apply the wax by DA with a finishing pad. I think a DA is the only way to go on a gelcoat because of the large pores that need to be filled.

I will post pics when I am done.

Thanks everyone for your help.
                Hey Troy,

Based on your pictures I really do not think you will need a rotary. Using a rotary can introduce other problems (buffer trails and if you get too close to the decals, possibly their instant removal). Since you have the DA, use the M44 or M67 and follow that with M20.

If you use a rotary, then you may wish to use M49 instead as it will stay wet longer giving you more working time. Run the rotary at ~1300 rpm.

Please do post before and after shots!!! I look forward in seeing them! If you have any questions, just ask!

Good Luck!

Tim

Comment

Hey Tim, how many ounces do you think it will take to clean all four sides?

Comment

Anyone know how much oils are in M44?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');