• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

window tint law help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window tint law help...

Ok. Im a GA resident and have a GA DL. I will be going to school and living in NC. I will also have my car registered in the state of PA. If I get 20% tint, and I get pulled over, could I get a ticket if the car is registered in PA and I get the ticket in NC?

Re: window tint law help...

The vehicle must comply to the traffic code of the state it is being driven in. If your just passing through the officer may just give you a warning but that is his discretion.
    "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
    Transporter 2

Comment

They most likely won't hassle you over it unless they pull you for something else but there's always that one cop/trooper/deputy out there that will pull you just for the tint. In NC the legal limit is 35% but I know many others that are at 20,15 or even darker (myself included) that have never been stopped for dark tint. With an out of state plate they'll probably leave you alone.

Comment

Originally posted by I Shine View Post
        The vehicle must comply to the traffic code of the state it is being driven in. If your just passing through the officer may just give you a warning but that is his discretion.
        This.

Comment

safest bet is to call each states state patrol find out all the legal limits to tint for each state & go a lil less dark to be safe

Comment

Learn the Window Tint Laws in all 50 States and how MyeyeRx can help you get a Medical Exemption to Bypass The Legal Tint Limits in your state.

The "net" or "film" differentiation is important.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');