• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

velcro coming off pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• velcro coming off pads

Finally spent some time cleaning the car today and noticed that on 2 of my polishing pads, the velcro is coming of the pad. It looks like the glue gave way. Does Meguiars have some sort of warranty against this or do I have to buy new pads? The pads were received at last years Detail Day for members (May I think). TIA.

I know they have taken meausres to reduce that in their new pads. I have found that the backing can easily be reapplied using an epoxy glue. Mine began to peel when I washed them after about 6 months of good use. I glued them once and they have held true since.

Comment

Meguiar's will replace defective pads, but usually the reason the Velcro de-laminates is from excessive heat generated by operating the polisher at speeds over the 5.0 setting or washing them in a washing machine.

Customer Care Hotline 1-800-347-5700

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. I'll call customer car tomorrow. I probably used the pad no more than 5 times probably. Plus all my pads are handwashed. Also, I ran #83 on 4.5 with the pad today.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');