• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax Tips

I just used ULW yesterday, Apr. 10 on my 2011 Lucerne & didn't do something right. First, during application the product seemed greasy and even applying small amount had trouble applying it uniformly. Only did several sections at a time e.g. top and trunk. The evaporation process, had trouble determining when it was time to buff. Third, once done I backed it out into sunlight and observed a number of streaks. I had to use, what seemed to me, a lot of elbow grease and pressure to get rid of them. The streaking seemed to be in areas where the product was not completely thinned out to disappear with evaporation. Any more tips would be appreciated. thx

Comment

Great write up and great pics!! Bought the UW yesterday and can't wait to apply it to my new candy apple red Santa Fe.

Thanks again.

Comment

So how do you get rid of the streaks? Hopefully, Meguiar's will realize what a major problem this is.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeCamaroSS View Post
          So how do you get rid of the streaks? Hopefully, Meguiar's will realize what a major problem this is.
          Spray a light mist of water and wipe off. That should solve your problems.
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Today I used UQD, then rubbed hard, which I don't like to do, in the light I had. It seemed to fix the streaks, but it will be in different light tomorrow, then I can tell if I got them all.

I guess the point is that I never had a wax do this. To me this is totally unacceptable. Wax the car, then go to a Camaro club meeting and the car is covered with streaks. The Ultimate Wax bottle is now in the trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeCamaroSS View Post
              Thanks for the tip. Today I used UQD, then rubbed hard, which I don't like to do, in the light I had. It seemed to fix the streaks, but it will be in different light tomorrow, then I can tell if I got them all.

I guess the point is that I never had a wax do this. To me this is totally unacceptable. Wax the car, then go to a Camaro club meeting and the car is covered with streaks. The Ultimate Wax bottle is now in the trash can.
              You can send it to me instead of throwing it to the trash!
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Here's our Jeep Wrangler and Shelby Mustang with the Ultimate and I had no streaking.

Comment

Wow, the shine is stunning. Especially the mustang. The ultimate wax has a certain sharpness in reflections and depth to it, at the same time has a nice brightness to it.

Comment

Just saw this post as I am new to the forum.. I agree, I just live in the next valley south, the San Fernando Valley.
                    I have a 93' Camry, it's been in the family since it was new, it only has 109K mi. on it but it looked bad because the clear coat was shot and peeling from the sun, but it ran like a charm.
                    So over Labor Day weekend this SOB bus driver got aggressive with me as he pulled away from the bus stop going into my lane. I didn't see him doing this and he sideswiped my car good. About $4K worth of damage to it. It was fully insured and they totaled it. Gave me over $4K for it and I bought it back.. the body shop fixed it for about $2700.00 as a favor to my family. So it's got a brand new paint job and door, quarter panel, from bumper and whatever else.. BUT YES, THE SUN IS BRUTAL HERE!

I have been using the UQW since it came back from the body shop..I leaves the car very very smooth, but I wonder if I should put a coating of regular wax on too?

What do you think?

Comment

What's the difference between the UQW and the Liquid Carnuba Maguiar's has?

Comment

UQW is a synthetic spray wax with the Hydrophobic polymers, and good durability.

Liquid Carnuba (I assume you mean the Deep Crystal Wax) is going to be an entry level carnuba blend wax.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

So the UW is better? You need a score card to keep track of all the different waxes that are offered.
                          Since my car is beige I really doesn't 'pop' out at you.

Unless the UW is better and will bring it more to life...I'm faily pleased with the Deep Crystal Wax.

Comment

All things equal, Ultimate wax is better than Deep Crystal Carnauba wax and is basically the most durable wax in the meguiars consumer (and pro?) line up. Having said that, I've used DC3 and its no slouch in terms of the shine it gives.

Silvers, beige metallics, and basically light colors can be difficult to make "pop" or add depth. Your best bet is the NXT2, many here recommend it for lighter colors (my preference changes once in a while, but it worked well for me). Its not a super bright look, i'd say "just right". In fact i find also adds depth, its a good product and very easy to use.

Same with the spray waxes and detailers and protectants. The ultimate line is the best and superior product among megs line up. The utlimate quik wax, quik detailer is the best vs. NXT spray wax/detailer and the original formula quik detailer/wax.

Comment

zbestwun, i read your story... it *****, scary stuff.. You may have to put waxing on hold on newly painted cars/panels, paint needs to outgas for at least 30 days (even when is dried, solvents in the paint still need to evaporate). You can use deep crystal pure polish, this has no abrasives unlike the new ultimate polish. You can use deep crystal for a while as the paint cures. Apply it to the paint, work in small sections, remove WHILE WET. After the curing of the paint, you can now wax. You can apply DC polish before waxing, this will add even more shine to your wax job

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                                zbestwun, i read your story... it *****, scary stuff.. You may have to put waxing on hold on newly painted cars/panels, paint needs to outgas for at least 30 days (even when is dried, solvents in the paint still need to evaporate).
                                Thanks so much, the car was painted the end of May.. the body shop told me waxing was ok now..

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');