• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA versus rotary New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA versus rotary New Car

Originally posted by smack View Post
    Use the D/A first for sure. Also start with a polishing pad with UC and see if that gets your desired reults. Remember use the least aggressive combo to get the job done. I wouldnt use a rotory at all. Thats way to aggressive for what needs to be done.
    After the UC and the polishing pad. Would you go with Swirl X and a finishing pad as a final step or is that beating a dead horse?
    2011 335i M Sport Coupe
    2011 535i Sport
    2009 Genesis Sedan 4.6

Comment

What I am about to tackle on my car soon (Black BMW), UC and polishing pad, speed 5, then the new Ultimate Polish and a finishing pad speed 3 or 4, and then top with the new Ultimate wax. If need be I might go over the it with UP and polishing pad before with it on a finishing pad because I am overly OCD. It might not be necessary but its against my religion to drive anyrthing less than a perfectly detailed car.
      Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
      2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
      2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

If UC with a polishing pad removes the swirls to your satisfaction - no need to follow-up with Swirl-X (unless you like extra work).

Originally posted by TJPark01 View Post
        After the UC and the polishing pad. Would you go with Swirl X and a finishing pad as a final step or is that beating a dead horse?
        Andy W.
        Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
        Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

OP, by the sounds of your previous posts, you have some pretty good knowledge under belt going to the classes and all. I'm just throwing this out there, but are you possibly creating swirls during the wipe off of the product by using a lower quality MF or cotton cloth???

Again, just a thought, I know BMW's can have hard paint (detailed a friend 2010 328) and it took a 4" orange pad and 105 to get out the DISO with some pressure on the machine as suggested before.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Blown F-150 View Post
            OP, by the sounds of your previous posts, you have some pretty good knowledge under belt going to the classes and all. I'm just throwing this out there, but are you possibly creating swirls during the wipe off of the product by using a lower quality MF or cotton cloth???

Again, just a thought, I know BMW's can have hard paint (detailed a friend 2010 328) and it took a 4" orange pad and 105 to get out the DISO with some pressure on the machine as suggested before.

Good luck!
            The car came delivered like that. It's not bad, and on a white car it's not visible unless you are in direct sunlight. I just want it to be perfect, before mother nature and parking lots have their way.
            2011 335i M Sport Coupe
            2011 535i Sport
            2009 Genesis Sedan 4.6

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
              We've got a major announcement coming next week on the D/A Microfiber System, but when it might arrive in the land of tea and crumpets (and Top Gear) is not yet known. Sorry.
              . To your comments. On my ever growing Meguiars shopping list. Is d/a microfiber system and the new ultimate polish and wax.. I guess It will be 2012 before they arrive here

Comment

It has been a few months since the last post - what route did you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by Kubbie View Post
                  It has been a few months since the last post - what route did you choose?
                  I had a lot of swirls in the paint. I used Meguiars Microfiber correction compound, a 5 inch cutting disc and a Porter cable 7424. Worked like a charm.
                  Polishing with a Lake Country White foam pad and Mezerna Super Nano Finish.
                  Wax, I applied Einzett Glanz Wax with a gold foam pad. one thin layer, wipe off, then repeat.

2011 335i M Sport Coupe
                  2011 535i Sport
                  2009 Genesis Sedan 4.6

Comment

Looks great, thank you for posting up the pics.

Comment

That is excellent work. Makes me even more excited to get my D/A correction kit in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksabre View Post
                        That is excellent work. Makes me even more excited to get my D/A correction kit in the mail.
                        The great thing is how easy it is to use. Couple things though...
                        1. Prefers hard factory paint
                        2. Don't need much pressure or speed (4 or 5 on PC7424)
                        3. Keep the pad clean (compressed air is key)
                        4. Don't need much product, a little goes a long way.
                        5. Be gentle removing it from the backing plate, don't tear it off, or else the glue that holds the velcro to the pad will start to come undone.
                        2011 335i M Sport Coupe
                        2011 535i Sport
                        2009 Genesis Sedan 4.6

Comment

Originally posted by TJPark01 View Post
                          The great thing is how easy it is to use. Couple things though...
                          1. Prefers hard factory paint
                          2. Don't need much pressure or speed (4 or 5 on PC7424)
                          3. Keep the pad clean (compressed air is key)
                          4. Don't need much product, a little goes a long way.
                          5. Be gentle removing it from the backing plate, don't tear it off, or else the glue that holds the velcro to the pad will start to come undone.
                          Thanks for the advice! I had my first go with the DA correction system on Sunday and followed these pointers. All in all it worked pretty well. Just some deeper scratches that didn't want to come out after a few passes. I wanted to try and tackle them by hand so I don't remove a big area of surrounding paint more than I have to.

A few pics: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50349

Comment

Originally posted by Darksabre View Post
                            Thanks for the advice! I had my first go with the DA correction system on Sunday and followed these pointers. All in all it worked pretty well. Just some deeper scratches that didn't want to come out after a few passes. I wanted to try and tackle them by hand so I don't remove a big area of surrounding paint more than I have to.

A few pics: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50349
                            Nice Pics. For spot treatments, the 3 inch MF system with speed 5 and medium pressure works really well and has tremendous cut. (be careful of heat, don't dwell in one spot too long) It doesn't finish as well, so you may have to finish using 205 with a white pad, or similar.
                            2011 335i M Sport Coupe
                            2011 535i Sport
                            2009 Genesis Sedan 4.6

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');