• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Brush to Wash Vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Brush to Wash Vehicle?

Are there any brushes that are acceptable to use while washing your vehicle. I know that when I had my Explorer I used a car wash brush with very soft tips on it and I never seemed to have a very big problem with scratching. I now have this 2005 Focus ST so using a mit hasnt taken me that much longer. Also if someone could recommend a good type of mit. The one I use now is like a shaggy type of terry towel. If someone could also recommend a type of wash brush that might be ok if kept clean. I used the nxt wash today and man was it awesome!

Thanks

Kevin

Meguiar's just made a new set of wash brushes. They are available in some locations around the US, but not really available widespread yet.

Comment

Hi there again.

Try this

It should be on the market in early March. I didn't like using a brush on paint but the reviews are coming in that this is a great and safe brush.

Good luck

Comment

Here are a couple new ones at meguiars... not sure if they are for sale yet.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

man you guys are quick!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Good job posting pics I'm still slow at that, plus not too sure how to do that.

I can't wait for these brushes to hit.

Comment

Thanks Guys! You all are quick! I just have always liked using a brush better especially when it is cold. It also is a bit quicker. I got my first big stone chip in my hood the other day. I talked to a guy at my local Ford body shop and he said they would fill it in for my and dry each coat with a heat gun. wet sand it even with my hood paint add a coat of clear and go ahead and buff and polish the entire hood to ensure it all blends for 30 bucks, I thought this was more than fair and I figure they have the tools to fix it better than I can. It is about the size of half of an eraser head.

Kevin

Comment

sounds good. This will fix the hood swirls right. Now just prevent them in the future. How new is the vehicle?

Comment

I bought it on December the 27th. I will try to upload some pics of it. It is the ST which replaced the SVT model this year. Has the red and black seats and door inserts. Sony audio from factory, sport tuned exhaust Red stitched steering wheel and shifter. Pretty sporty. I actually got it to save money as I plan on getting married before too long. Once I am married I will get the new Mustang!

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');