• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My G110v2 died today, in less than a year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G110v2 died today, in less than a year.

Hey guys, well unfortunately this had to happen to me today, while I was detailing a car for a friend of mine. It's actually disappointing since this is my first DA, and really enjoyed using it. Even though I would only do my cars and friends or family. I had done a total of 7 cars, since owning it. Always treated nice and took well care of it, so there was no mishandling of the machine. The machine first turn off for no reason, which lead me to believe that I accidently yank it from the power outlet. That wasn't the case, because then it turn back on right away.. after a good few 2-3 minutes it went off again. So I made sure nothing was loose with the extension cord then came back and started to notice that anytime I would move the bottom of the cord leading out from the buffer, it will power off or slow down. I was switching pads to finally lay down a layer of NXT2.0 and it wouldn't turn on anymore. I took it inside the house and tried different outlets just to make sure it was machine that wasn't turning on. So now I don't know what to do, because I bought this from Amazon last year around June of 2010 like I mention earlier, there was hardly much use of the buffer with 7 cars prior to this one during that entire span from June 2010 till now. I was aware about the power cord issue people reported, but never thought it would happen to me. That's why I would be sure to take good care of it and not yank the cord. Always hope I was one of the lucky ones that didn't receive a defective one.

Re: My G110v2 died today, in less than a year.

Moved to customer service, and I recommend giving them a call on Monday. The G110v2 comes with a 1-year warranty, so they should be able to take care of you.

Comment

Is there an email to reach out to in case I don't have time during the day?

Comment

I would like to get a Flex 3401 VRG as my main buffer and just use my G110v2 as my backup or for 4 inch pads, but if my G110v2 ever goes out, I'll probably just get a PC 7424XP. I've had my Meg's DA since October 2009 and haven't really had any problems since, so hopefully it stays that way.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by David32 View Post
          Is there an email to reach out to in case I don't have time during the day?

You can certainly email us at customercare@meguiars.com, but keep in mind a phone call is always faster so give us a call if you have a chance. We are open from 6:00am to 5:00pm PT Mon-Fri and Sat from 7:00am to 3:00pm.
          Brian Hann
          Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
          Meguiar's Inc.
          Irvine, California
          bhann@meguiars.com
          (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Called in today, was told I could return it and no need for RMA number but mostly importantly I forgot ask what's address XD

The only address I can come up with is the one from the instruction manual:

Meguiar's Inc.
            Customer Care Center
            18001 Mitchell South
            Irvine CA 92614

would I use that address?

Comment

David,

Send a private message to Brian Hann. He'll help you with all your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by David32 View Post
                Called in today, was told I could return it and no need for RMA number but mostly importantly I forgot ask what's address XD

The only address I can come up with is the one from the instruction manual:

Meguiar's Inc.
                Customer Care Center
                18001 Mitchell South
                Irvine CA 92614

would I use that address?
                Yes, this address will work.
                Brian Hann
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thank you Brian. If not today for sure tomorrow I'll head down to my local UPS store to ship it off.

Comment

A quick update, replacement recieved just here to say how wonderful and great Meguiar's Customer support is. Thanks to Brian for the quick as lighting replies making it all happen in less than a week. Made everything easy and smooth, I've never dealt with support this great n easy. Keep up the great work. Meguiar's still #1 in my book XD, can't go wrong with that.

Comment

David,

Happy to help and thank you for your kind words!
                      Brian Hann
                      Meguiar's Inc.
                      Irvine, California
                      bhann@meguiars.com
                      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Cut the cord off where they crimped it and resplice it. I had the same problem

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');