• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Meguiar's D/A Microfiber Correction System

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using Meguiar's D/A Microfiber Correction System

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    I think Meguiar's stance on this is 4-5 drops, but I've found that it works better with about 1-2 pea sized drops. Just play with it and see what you like better. Everyone has different tastes, so what works for me, may not work for you.

Nick
    This is definitely what I've found playing around with it as well. I haven't been using compressed air, but rather a brush to clean the fibers after each section was done so that may be a factor as well but I have no idea.
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters.
    www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

So, the question is...if you could only own a Makita 9227 and no Microfiber Correction System, or a good DA and the MCS, which would you choose? Hobbyists and pros please respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Shootist View Post
        So, the question is...if you could only own a Makita 9227 and no Microfiber Correction System, or a good DA and the MCS, which would you choose? Hobbyists and pros please respond.
        Without a second thought, the DA and Microfiber Correction System. Much easier to use and it'll do just about anything you'll need on a day to day basis. I have both and very seldom pull out the Makita anymore.

Comment

So does my Megs 110 I bought last year brand new have the right backing plate? I am going to try this sytem out. I tried my polisher for the first time yeterday with m205, went slow speed and movements but results were great.

Comment

Does M105 with a MF cutting pad still produce a lot of dust?

And would a MF cutting pad be comparable to say a yellow LC foam pad?

Comment

My D/A Correction system is due in tomorrow with my new GV110v2 just in time for my birthday present to myself. Question is, is it ok to use NXT2.0 after using Microfiber finishing wax?
              Thanks

Comment

^^ Of course. Enjoy!
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I have a quiestion about priming your pad, when you prime a "normal" foam pad, should you prime the same way as this system? i mean i few pea size, going over tha paint, lift it up and more until it covers the whole pad?
                  Same quiestion about the wool pads? i have the solo system u see

Comment

Hi folks, I detail during the weekends for some side income and prefer to do heavy compounding to really get that mirror finish. However, this takes up a lot of time and effort, such as the extensive taping and the extensive clean-up after compounding.

After compounding, I will tend to get compound residue in the panel gaps and cleaning up can take up to an hour or more since I work on the cars alone. However, I plan to start a mobile detailing alternative where the paint polishing would not be as detailed, e.g., no orange peel reduction. The car would have to be finished in a day instead of 2-3 days which is my usual working time frame when I do the cars at home.

Since the paint polishing will not involve heavy compounding with the wool pad, I'm choosing to work purely with a DA, so I get to save time without having to tape and less dusting means time saved during clean up. This DA Microfiber system seems to fit the bill just right.

I would like to know if the Microfiber Cutting Pad and the Correction Compound is the most aggressive combo there is via DA?

How does the cut compare to M105 with a Cutting Pad? (via DA)
                    Or M105 with the Microfiber Cutting Pad? (via DA)

Also, my other concern is the finishing wax, the environment in Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur is terribly polluted. You have not seen acid rain until you come to KL, Malaysia.

I will most likely be using my own choice of LSPs, so is it possible for me to finish without the Finishing Wax?

For example, polishing process could be something like:

1) Correction Compound with Microfiber Cutting Pad
                    2) M205 with Polishing/Finishing Pad
                    3) LSP

Are the pads also compatible with the FLEX XC3401 Dual-Action with Forced Rotation movement? A smaller backing plate for the FLEX is available and this allows it to be used with the 5.5 inch microfiber pads.

I already have a Dodo Juice DAS-6 DA polisher, but knowing if a machine like the XC3401 can further optimize the cutting ability, I might have to invest in the Flex as well to save time.

Apologies for the length of questions I have. Would like to know your thoughts!

Thank you.

Comment

• Re: Using Meguiar's D/A Microfiber Correction System

Originally posted by fishbonezken View Post
                      Also, my other concern is the finishing wax, the environment in Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur is terribly polluted. You have not seen acid rain until you come to KL, Malaysia.

I will most likely be using my own choice of LSPs, so is it possible for me to finish without the Finishing Wax?

For example, polishing process could be something like:

2) M205 with Polishing/Finishing Pad
                      3) LSP
                      That's totatlly fine. Others here have used that combo with success but it would depend on the paint type you're working on I guess.

Or you could do something like:
                      2) Finishing Wax with Microfiber Finishing Pad
                      3) LSP
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I did search the thread and I remember seeing it somewhere - if using the Griots (newest model), what does the 4 for correction and 3 for wax on the g110 translate to?
                        2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Hellspawn View Post
                          I did search the thread and I remember seeing it somewhere - if using the Griots (newest model), what does the 4 for correction and 3 for wax on the g110 translate to?
                          4800OPM translates to speed 3.5-4 approximately where as 3800OPM translates to speed 2.5-3 approximately for the Griot's Garage D/A.

Here's the link to it: OPM speed settings for the DA polisher.
                          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                            4800OPM translates to speed 3.5-4 approximately where as 3800OPM translates to speed 2.5-3 approximately for the Griot's Garage D/A.

Here's the link to it: OPM speed settings for the DA polisher.
                            hmm now I'm confused, this is from that thread you quoted..

----------
                            I got my answer from CSR at Griot's

1: 3,500 OPM, 2: 4,800 OPM, 3: 6,100 OPM 4: 7,400 5: 8,700 OPM 6: 10,000 OPM. These speeds are all approximate and depend on how much force is applied to the pad while the machine is orbiting.

Sounds like the very low settings are needed to stay within MF DA specs

Comment

Originally posted by Hellspawn View Post
                              hmm now I'm confused, this is from that thread you quoted..

----------
                              I got my answer from CSR at Griot's

1: 3,500 OPM, 2: 4,800 OPM, 3: 6,100 OPM 4: 7,400 5: 8,700 OPM 6: 10,000 OPM. These speeds are all approximate and depend on how much force is applied to the pad while the machine is orbiting.

Sounds like the very low settings are needed to stay within MF DA specs
                              I'm pretty sure those speed settings are from their 3" D/A and not the 6" D/A. Please confirm that with their CSR.
                              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I skimmed though these replies and would like to ask if one can substitute something like Ultimate Wax liquid for the finishing wax? Or are waxes other than the finishing wax not recommended for the MF finishing disc?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');