• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Carpet Cleaner Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Carpet Cleaner Ever!

Who would have ever thought that the blue Dawn dishwashing liquid cleans stains better than any product I have ever used! Yep, dirt comes up like never before and my car carpets look like new.

I have even removed grease from my bicycling bag. I apply the dawn pretty heavily. Give it a try!

Re: Best Carpet Cleaner Ever!

What other carpet cleaners have you used?
    South Florida & Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Comment

I have used the Meguiars carpet cleaner and Tuff Stuff. I really like the tuff stuff for my seats, but it does not get the job done on the carpets.

I live on a dirt road, thus a lot of dust gets in my car despite keeping my windows shut. As I am in and out of my car every day, the carpets get really dirty. The Dawn does the best job, IMHO.

Comment

Do you dilute and spray? vacuum? What method do you use?

Comment

I accidently let a finishing pad dry completely with NXTv2 paste in it. I think it sat for a month. I used the Dawn blue and it got all traces out! Took about 3 applications in the kitchen sink but that stuff worked wonders!
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

When applied "Heavily" as you mentioned doesn't it require many passes to remove and leftover soap residue? Just curious.
            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

I had a customer who had spilled laundry detergent all over the carpet in the trunk at full strength.

The hardest part about it was that the area where the detergent had spilled was so incredibly clean after shampooing that it made the rest not look clean. I normally do a pretty good job on cleaning carpets, but it is hard to get the results of full strength laundry detergent sitting for days on a carpet. The other non-detergent areas need a whole lot of time, passes and Quik Out! Boy was that a pain!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');