• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to restore my black color car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to restore my black color car?

Hi, I have a car and it's black, the problem is now the paint has swirls and light scratches all over the place. I've seen your video on youtube about how to wash, wax, surface prep, etc. My question is:
    1. Can I use Meguiar's M84 to remove swirls and then apllying M80 after that (off course I wash and clay the surface before I apply M84 and M80)?
    2. Can I use Gold Class paste wax for waxing? Is it good? And how long will it last?
    3. What is the best wax product that last long?
    4. How is the best way to maintain the paint from swirls and scratches after I finished detailing my black car?
    5. What Meguiar's product should I have for my black paint car?
    6. For your info, I have no DA Polisher so I will proceed everything by hands, ok!
    That's all for now, and thanks in advance for the respond. I really want to know about how to fix this paint problem, especially using meguiar's product.
    Last edited by Jefri Lay; Feb 17, 2011, 09:49 AM. Reason: Clarify

Re: How to restore my black color car?

1. Do not use #84. You can certainly use #80 on a test spot, and if you need to go stronger, can do so with something like #105 or Ultimate Compound.

2. Yes, Gold Class+ would be good. Nxt 2.0 would be the longest lasting wax around you until Ultimate Wax gets there.

3. Most of it will come from washing. Be sure to watch the washing video How to Wash your Car Showcar Style (or something like that) by Mike, either searching for it on here, on on the net.

4. Just really need a good soap, clay, a mild cleaner and wax. Nothing too special is needed, just extra care as any marks will show up.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      1. Do not use #84. You can certainly use #80 on a test spot, and if you need to go stronger, can do so with something like #105 or Ultimate Compound.

2. Yes, Gold Class+ would be good. Nxt 2.0 would be the longest lasting wax around you until Ultimate Wax gets there.

3. Most of it will come from washing. Be sure to watch the washing video How to Wash your Car Showcar Style (or something like that) by Mike, either searching for it on here, on on the net.

4. Just really need a good soap, clay, a mild cleaner and wax. Nothing too special is needed, just extra care as any marks will show up.
      Thanks for the reply Murr1525, I have seen all Mike Phillips video on youtube. I really admire him very much.
      I have questions regarding your reply.
      1. Why I can't use M84?
      2. M84 is similar with Ultimate compound, right?
      For your info too, it's very expensive and hard to find meguiar's product in Indonesia.
      Thanks again...

Comment

M84 vs M105

I have bought M84 but have't used it. Is M84 going to make my car's paint damage? If so I'll try to look for M105 for replacement. I hope Mike Phillips read this and reply this thread.
        You know in Indonesia 16oz M84 cost almost $11 (very high price).

Comment

Originally posted by Jefri Lay View Post

Thanks for the reply Murr1525, I have seen all Mike Phillips video on youtube. I really admire him very much.
          I have questions regarding your reply.
          1. Why I can't use M84?
          2. M84 is similar with Ultimate compound, right?
          For your info too, it's very expensive and hard to find meguiar's product in Indonesia.
          Thanks again...
          Mike knows his stuff.. answered a lot of my questions starting off.

1. #84 is going to be a rotary only product. It would be unlikely for it to leave a good finish by hand.

2. No, UC is going to be a hand / DA product, and no rotary. It is how the abrasives in it break down, and the lubricants in them, and how they interact with the paint.

3. Yeah, always hard when shopping with only a few things to choose from. Do you have any of the SwirlX, UC, #105 there? And affordable or not?

Comment

Re: M84 vs M105

Originally posted by Jefri Lay View Post
            I have bought M84 but have't used it. Is M84 going to make my car's paint damage? If so I'll try to look for M105 for replacement. I hope Mike Phillips read this and reply this thread.
            You know in Indonesia 16oz M84 cost almost $11 (very high price).
            I would try to avoid it... But if you had to, maybe that followed with something milder would end up ok. But cant say for sure. The SwirlX, UC, #105 probably are the best for hand use when removing defects.

Comment

Re: M84 vs M105

I would try to avoid it... But if you had to, maybe that followed with something milder would end up ok. But cant say for sure. The SwirlX, UC, #105 probably are the best for hand use when removing defects.
              I'm going to apply:
              1. Wash the proper way first (using wash mitt and water magnet and soft wash gel)
              2. SURFACE PREP - clay the surface using last touch as lubricant and the apply M84 by hand
              3. POLISH - Using M80
              4. PROTECT - Using "Gold Class Paste Wax"
              5. MAINTAIN - Using Ultimate Quik Detailer
              What do you think about these steps I'm going to use???
              Thanks..

Comment

1. Wash - and 2 buckets..
                2. Clay - Clay and Last Touch. Is that the one that is 1:1 with water, I forget.
                3. Clean - I would do a very small test spot with the #84 and then #80.. Dont go and do the whole car, and find something is wrong, or cant be removed, etc.
                4. Protect - Gold Class
                5. Protect - 2 thin coats is best
                6. Maintain - UQD or UQW after future washes. UQD to remove bird doppings, etc.

Comment

1. Wash - and 2 buckets..
                  2. Clay - Clay and Last Touch. Is that the one that is 1:1 with water, I forget.
                  3. Clean - I would do a very small test spot with the #84 and then #80.. Dont go and do the whole car, and find something is wrong, or cant be removed, etc.
                  4. Protect - Gold Class
                  5. Protect - 2 thin coats is best
                  6. Maintain - UQD or UQW after future washes. UQD to remove bird doppings, etc.
                  Thank you very much for the tips. Point no. 5 (Thin Coat) can you tell me the name of meguiar product that contain thin coat?
                  And one more thing, after detailing my car for the first time, I don't need do point no 6 (maintain) is that right? and just maintain for future wash?
                  Once again thank you for the info and the tips...

Comment

Excuse me for interrupting...you forgot...did the earth stop spinning for a moment?

Jefri, Murr's advice is among the best you won't go wrong.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    David

Comment

5. No no... like 2 thin layers of wax. So apply your Gold Class thin, remove, let sit a few minutes, then apply another thin layer of Gold Class, let sit, and remove.

6. Yes #6 would be for future after washes. If you can get UQW, it is great after a wash, and really helps my wax last a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                        Excuse me for interrupting...you forgot...did the earth stop spinning for a moment?

Oh fine... I'll search for it...

Looks like Last Touch is the one that is used 1:1 with water for claying.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post

Sorry David, I'm newbie here... and having so many question about detailing... Off course Murr's advice is great I think, that's why I keep asking him questions.
                          PS: I never doubt Murr's advice, OK!

Comment

5. No no... like 2 thin layers of wax. So apply your Gold Class thin, remove, let sit a few minutes, then apply another thin layer of Gold Class, let sit, and remove.

6. Yes #6 would be for future after washes. If you can get UQW, it is great after a wash, and really helps my wax last a lot longer.
                            I GOT IT... Thanks Murr your explanation is very clear... Now it's time to work on my car... I'll let you now the result, okay!!!

Comment

hi jeffri..just wanna recommend something..i live in indonesia too..and i usually got meg's product just a little bit pricier than in US..try searching kaskus.us for the id rawatmobilmu..he usually sells them a lot cheaper than the stores in indonesia..

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');