• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHINE IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT! Shelby Cobra meets the Microfiber DA system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SHINE IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT! Shelby Cobra meets the Microfiber DA system!

that mustang came out looking amazing! i coldn't agree more with you about the DA MF system! i started using it in my own company and have been blown away by how fast the system cuts and how effortless it is...it makes such short work of oxidation and swirls it is mind blowing. I am amazed that it can be used in wet sanding applications as i have not tried that yet! Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by James76 View Post
      that mustang came out looking amazing! i coldn't agree more with you about the DA MF system! i started using it in my own company and have been blown away by how fast the system cuts and how effortless it is...it makes such short work of oxidation and swirls it is mind blowing. I am amazed that it can be used in wet sanding applications as i have not tried that yet! Great work!
      The MF system is awesome!! I love correcting paint with it!!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow, I cannot believe I missed this write-up. What an amazing job mi amigo, the Mustang looks KILLER!!!!!!!!!

I read it twice (and might go back for a third).

Todd
        Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Outstanding work and the new MF setup looks like it fills a gap nicely in anyones arsenal. Hope to give them a try soon.

Just out of interest what is that rotary you use? I am a sucker for vintage tools and appliences!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
            Wow, I cannot believe I missed this write-up. What an amazing job mi amigo, the Mustang looks KILLER!!!!!!!!!

I read it twice (and might go back for a third).

Todd
            Thank you brother!

Originally posted by DrDetail.co.uk View Post
            Outstanding work and the new MF setup looks like it fills a gap nicely in anyones arsenal. Hope to give them a try soon.

Just out of interest what is that rotary you use? I am a sucker for vintage tools and appliences!
            She's just one of the girls........... My classic polishers.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

UPDATE: It has been a year and 1/2 since we did this job. We periodically maintain this car for our client. Today I brought my fancy camera and took a few pics of it...

Comment

Just read this thread for the first time, truly amazing work Joe.

I'm to point in my business where I am looking to move up from more basic detailing and get into more paint correction with the a rotary and maybe even wet-sanding. I have learned that there is a definite art behind it and takes a lot of practice to get good at it, but you make it look so easy. You are obviously very talented and I only wish that I was able to fill those shoes of your apprentice before I started my business five years ago. He is a lucky guy.
                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jarred767 View Post
                  Just read this thread for the first time, truly amazing work Joe.

I'm to point in my business where I am looking to move up from more basic detailing and get into more paint correction with the a rotary and maybe even wet-sanding. I have learned that there is a definite art behind it and takes a lot of practice to get good at it, but you make it look so easy. You are obviously very talented and I only wish that I was able to fill those shoes of your apprentice before I started my business five years ago. He is a lucky guy.

High-end paint correction is very rewarding as a detailer but not always profitable. Practice, practice, build your skills and confidence and always charge accordingly!! Good Luck!

Comment

Just curious if you guarantee your work against premature clear coat failure?

Comment

I do as much as McDonalds guarantees you will not get fat if you eat their cheeseburgers.

Comment

All kidding aside, I do explain to the client what exactly will be done to the vehicle. I explain clear coat and clear coat thickness. I explain future paint correction may or may not be possible. I go over everything that I believe the client should know about how the vehicle is before we work on it to after we complete the work as well as care and maintenance for the "reworked" clear coat. After I am confident that the owner of the vehicle understands it all, they make the choice to proceed or not. I turn down most of these type jobs than I accept because the service in my opinion isn't best for them. Once the vehicle owner understands what is happening, they choose the service and assume all risk that may (or may not) be associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                          I do as much as McDonalds guarantees you will not get fat if you eat their cheeseburgers.
                          LOL! HA! I understand that...No denying that the paint looks much better after you work...but for me personally, having the same car...I would not feel comfortable having that done to my $50,000+ car. I will gladly live with the orange peel and such. And years down the road, I would prefer to simply have another clearcoat painting done if it ends up looking not so good after 10 years.

Comment

All kidding aside, I do explain to the client what exactly will be done to the vehicle. I explain clear coat and clear coat thickness. I explain future paint correction may or may not be possible. I go over everything that I believe the client should know about how the vehicle is before we work on it to after we complete the work as well as care and maintenance for the "reworked" clear coat. After I am confident that the owner of the vehicle understands it all, they make the choice to proceed or not. I turn down most of these type jobs than I accept because the service in my opinion isn't best for them. Once the vehicle owner understands what is happening, they choose the service and assume all risk that may (or may not) be associated with it.
                            Very good sir. For most people having dedication to the "two bucket method"...."fear of swirls"...isn't something that they have time to concern themselves with. Thanks for responding to this.

Comment

High-end paint correction is very rewarding as a detailer but not always profitable. Practice, practice, build your skills and confidence and always charge accordingly!! Good Luck!
                              Thanks for the tips, I understand that it will definitely be a long road and one that will take a lot of time. I'm excited to get a jump start on it though in a few weeks when I head down there for the Sunday NXT class. I'm hoping to absorb a lot of great info from you pros that I can work into my skill set. - And yes, practicing will definitely be in the cards over winter as things slow down a little.
                              Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');