• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odor Eliminator query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odor Eliminator query

Would it be appropriate to use Odor Eliminator on the headliner of my machine? My assumption is that the headliner is just as skilled at absorbing odors as is the carpeting.

Yes, use it on any fabric surfaces. They are what retain odors. Also make sure you get under the seats as well. Move them all the way forward and spray from behind and then move them all the way back and spray from the front. Just be careful when spraying the headliner you don't get any falling mist in your eyes like I did once, it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Hey,

Just to add...

Make sure you do not over-saturate the headliner with spray. If the backing gets really wet, it could leave stain marks. So use a nice sweeping-spraying motion. And as Ricky pointed out, wear goggles especially when spraying overhead.

Cheers!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

OK. Thanks for your valuable insight fellows. Especially the note on the need for goggles.

Comment

What odor are you trying to get out exactly btw? If it's a newer vehicle and you notice that the smell is still comming out of the air vents you'll need to replace the cabin air filter as well.
          Later,
          Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

My machine is a 2002 Aurora purchased used a month ago. The "odor" is anything but obnoxious. It just doesn't smell quite right to me. Might be the leather or it might be something the dealer used to mask the smoking smell (if there was one).

Comment

Hmm, one thing I've found to tell if a cigarette odor has been covered up you can always discern it if you stick your nose right down by the carpet and take a good whiff. If it was smoked in you'll deffinitely want to change the cabin filter because it will keep emitting it for a while to come.
              Later,
              Ricky

Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

OK. Thanks for the tip. I'll try your suggestion. Changing the cabin air filter makes sense anyway. Probably was not maintained by the previous owner.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');