• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 Chevy Tahoe Engine Bay Cleaning *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Chevy Tahoe Engine Bay Cleaning *PICS*

The Tahoe has 140k miles now, don't think the engine bay has ever been cleaned.

After changing the oil last week I didn't like how dirty the engine bay was so I figure I'd detail the engine bay. I covered the alternator with a trash bag so water wouldn't hit that area. Rinsed all over. Took Meguiar's Gold Class car wash soap and a brush and just went to town. Rinsed again. Took a electronic leaf blower and dried everything out. Dressed the plastic with Meguiar's Ultimate Dash & Trim Restorer. Took 30-45 minutes. I wish I had a pressure washer, probably would have been quicker and came out better.

I'm still happy with the results.

Before:

After:

Thanks for looking.
    /Keith
    2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Re: 2001 Chevy Tahoe Engine Bay Cleaning *PICS*

Looks great!
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: 2001 Chevy Tahoe Engine Bay Cleaning *PICS*

looks great,,,I realize this is late but the only thing extra i would do is wipe down the hoses with some "cleaning" detailler wipes

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');