• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monte Carlo SS Pace Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte Carlo SS Pace Car

I've been helping a friend with his weekend detailing business. Here's last Saturday's job. After a wash, we clay'd the whole car. Then pulled it inside for a coat of DC #1 paint cleaner, then DC #2 polish, followed by a coat of NXT. Put on w/ PC polisher...taken off by hand.

Some before & after pics here

Before

After

Before

After

A few more here

Last edited by mhapner; Mar 29, 2004, 05:35 PM.

Nice work, great before and after pictures!

(I inserted a few of the pics into your post using the IMG button... hope you don't mind)

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures Mike. I was trying to do that but couldn't figure out how to post multiple pics like that.

Comment

I hope to post the tutorial I wrote tonight. But basically, open two windows, in one window click to the picture you want to post in the photo gallery. Right click on the picture and highlight and copy the URL Address.

In the other window, (your New thread, or Reply window), click on the IMG button and paste this address into the box that opens.

Vbulletin software tends to insert the code at the bottom of your message. If you want the picture to show up somewhere else among your text, simply highlight the code and drag it to where you want it to show up, or you can highlight/cut/paste it to the location you want it to show up.

Hope this helps...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Nice job -- looks great.

Comment

See all before, during, and after pics on Yahoo Site

Try the slideshow method for best results.

Yahoo Album

Comment

Very nice...what did you use on the tires?
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I'm not sure I can reveal that on this board

We use Black Magic Tire Wet (non foam). I'm not typically a fan of aerosols but have taken a liking to this particular product. I also spray the plastic shields in the fender wells after thoroghly cleaning them. It's a nice finishing touch that the owners notice immediatley.

Black Magic Tire Wet

Comment

I wouldn't of guess that that was black magic. Is it just me or are all tire protectents wising up and toning down the shine? I know my neighbor swears on armor all and it doesn't seem near as shiny as it use to ( which to me is a good thing)
                  car looks great! did you get pictures of the burn out? (just kidding!)
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

I definately don't like the hi gloss stuff of the past - inside or out. Along those same lines, one of my favorite products is Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer. It restores all those faded black plastic trim pieces car manufacturers love so much.

I always go back and wipe down (with a new towel) all the vinyl, plastic and rubber pieces to smooth out the finish - it seems to help knock down the sheen even more. I want the cars to look NEW not PRESERVED.

I can't say enough about Meguiar's products especially now that NXT is out. I don't even mind rainy days as much now.

I can't tell you about the burn out because the owner might be reading this board - just kidding Sheila

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');